Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns
1206 Discussions

eepromARMtool failed on Ubuntu 18.04LTS

MWang76
Beginner

Hi, I used the eepromARMtool_0.6.7 tool and follow the "Intel ® I210 and I211 Design-In for

ARM(Revision 1.1)" document to dump the ethernet controller(I210) and write the device.

Then I always get the "Bus error" message and failed.

Could you help me to figure the problem out, please.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Caguicla_Intel
Hello MWang76, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Can you confirm if you program/design your own board? Looking forward to your response. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MWang76
Beginner

Hi CrisselleC_Intel,

What things did I confirm ???​

I want to know the "eepromARMtool" have the last version???

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello MWang76, Upon checking, your query will be best answered by our Embedded Support team, we will help you to move this post to the designated team. Please feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

​Hello, @MWang76​:

Thanks for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Could you please reproduce the cited situation using the Intel I210, I211, and X550 EEPROM Access Tool (EAT) document # 572162? This is the updated version of the tool stated in your previous message. It can be found when you are logged into your Resource & Design Center (RDC) privileged account at the following website:

http://www.intel.com/cd/edesign/library/asmo-na/eng/572162.htm

The RDC Account Support form is the channel to process your account update request. It can be found at:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/design/contact-support.html

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos