Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns

old intel 8061 dump

XPR_12
Beginner

hi

i wasn't sure which location to choose 

i have been directed to post a question in this part of the intel forums , i am trying to dump the contents of an intel 8061 chip which is in an old ecu.  its for an assignment hopefully i am in the correct place this time.

Adam

0 Kudos
21 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @XPR_12:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

You should find information related to the cited part number on the following website:

https://newsroom.intel.com/articles/intel-50-eec-iv-automotive-computer-ford/#gs.3l56kw

You should address your request to the email: museum@intel.com. You can confirm this email address on the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/history/museum-visiting-intel.html

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL

0 Kudos
XPR_12
Beginner

thanks for the links , i have had alook at the history of the eec-iv , and the 8061 , but it doesn't really give me the info i need , i need check what chip its based on before , but that doesn't really get me to where i want to be with my assignment , having the ability to read & dump the microcontroller. , is it to do with IP issues or have they expired now?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @XPR_12:

Thanks for your reply.

You should review as a reference the following websites that may help you:

http://www.merkurencyclopedia.com/EEC-IV/EECTEC10.PDF

http://www.auto-diagnostics.info/pdf/ford_eectch98.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_8061

https://dbpedia.org/page/Intel_8061

Your consultations related to these websites should be addressed to their publishers because they are out of the scope of support of this channel.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
XPR_12
Beginner

there is alot there but its not really telling me how to interface with it. what tool to use . 

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @XPR_12:

Thanks for your reply.

The documentation of the cited device should be available in hard copy format. Due to this fact, you should use the options listed on the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000015116/programs.html

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL

0 Kudos
XPR_12
Beginner

hmmm ermm ?! I'm   not sure what that link is meant to do but it directs me to the intel site  , its doesn't really direct me anywhere ?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @XPR_12:

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us paraphrase the information stated on the suggested website.

You should address your documentation request to the phone number or email stated on the cited site.

In order to be on the same page, we have attached a screenshot to this communication with the mentioned information yellow highlighted.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL

0 Kudos
XPR_12
Beginner

right ok , it didn't see that for some unknown reason it didn't direct direct me to that contact information. 

I'll click the contact on there

0 Kudos
XPR_12
Beginner

i have sent a message to the email address , so far nothing , so i'll assume i have to wait for a reply?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @XPR_12:

Thanks for your reply.

We would like to help you with any information that may clarify your question, but it is related to a support channel apart from our scope of support.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
XPR_12
Beginner

i did realize  i was talking to hal9000 , the most major robotic response that anyone as seen , why an earth did you direct me to an email address to email to find out about my enquiry , what was the point in that  the email address is part of intel it would appear. so who is it?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @XPR_12:

Thanks for your reply.

In order to be on the same page, could you please review the email address where you sent your last information request? Could you please clarify if it finishes with "@intel.com" or another?

Waiting for your answer.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
XPR_12
Beginner

right so furthering with the link you supplied i gave it the  benefit of the doubt ,  and no it doesn't have intel in the text.  , now i have no idea why you would direct me to another place for intel documentation , as when i contacted them they would direct me back to you (intel) , its like some weird game that your playing. its a weird email redirect me ,  all over the place sort of game.

if i could make a stressed annoyed rubbie faced emoji right now I would.

all i want is info on this chip and the tools to access it , was it a custom made breadboard or some sort of logic device?  

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @XPR_12:

Thanks for your update.

Based on your last communications, could you please let us know where do you acquire the cited Intel device related to your request? 

On the other hand, as you may know, the cited part number has been released at the beginning of the eighties, when all the documentation was available only in hard copy versions because the digital versions started to be used in the middle of the nineties.

By the way, attached you may find, as a reference a Dear Customer Letter (DCL) related to Intel family devices released in the last part of the eighties (around ten years later than the part number related to your request). You should know that the intel devices lifecycle is around seven years and Intel provided support for them for a prudential time after they were discontinued, as is stated in the cited DCL. It is important to clarify that this situation applies to the device related to your request.

Due to these facts, the hard copy documentation or Intel museum, which are mentioned in previous communications, should be the channels that may help you, since there is no information on our archives or Resource and Design Center (RDC) available documentation. 

We gave you the best to help you with the available options, based on our background and perspective.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
XPR_12
Beginner

i did say this in the beginning  , its attached to an ecu , that i hanging around , its part of an assignment , i'm considering buying another ecu and trying something more easier , so far all i am getting is road block after road block. and being sent round in circles , ,, can i ask why did you direct me to a company  " intelsupport@hibbertgroup.com"  , when i managed to get a response from them the person on the other end  had no intension in helping me with my enquiry and just redirected me to intel?

i have read that letter you have supplied , and it give me an option to contact a area of  intel.  to find out more , but now it says i do not have access to that area of intel. it says access denied , and there is a pdf link which is broken. i did google it. and i did find that pdf file , and it doesn't explicitly say anything about stopping support of the intel 8061.   - but then again that might be in something else , it might not be in that document.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @XPR_12:

Thanks for your reply.

The suggestion to address your request to the cited email address is based on the fact that the documentation of the part number listed on your first communication is a legacy device available in the eighties that should have their documentation in hard copy versions only.  Due to this fact and based on the Intel article mentioned in our communication of the past June, 23th 2021 this is the path to request hard copy documents.

The provided DCL is an example of how the legacy devices support has been handled.

In case that you want to find a better Intel device for your assignment, we suggest contacting the Intel Authorized Distributor that better fits your needs to help you. You can find them listed on the following website:

https://marketplace.intel.com/s/pmp-partner-program/a723b0000008PICAA2/distributor

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
XPR_12
Beginner

i have no idea why they don't want to help , it was very frustrating. , if they are able to get hard copies of that chip i am surprised that they don't want to release them.  

i will follow the link supplied. so long as the link contains an automotive chip that i can dump raw data from. then there is no issue. but will look anyway. 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

As I informed you in your other thread, this device is FORTY YEARS OLD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_8061

My opinion is that you should abandon this effort and search for another chip to do your dump on.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
XPR_12
Beginner

i am very aware of that.  , i have discovered recently this chip was part of a massive mile stone in intel's history which hasn't been ignored. if it wasn't for ford taking this chip on i don't think intel would be the company they are today.

so i am surprised that there is no information readily available on how it was programmed and what was used. i have received some information from Carlos , but i was directed from another department to go down this section of intel , that is why i stopped talking to you,  as i wasn't getting anywhere or maybe you didn't know. , who knows ,

now i didn't get directed to another company but that lead me up the garden path aswell. as they point blank didn't want to help. so that was a lost effort.

but yes i am considering going down the route of another ecu , maybe  something more modern ? who knows .. as it has to be an automotive ecu  that i can take a bump off for my assignment. 

0 Kudos
wwhite
Beginner

I came upon this thread only to find it quite comical. You have a simple question, and I am surprised that Intel couldn't answer it.

First off, you cannot 'dump' a CPU.

A CPU has an instruction set that you can write code to run against and is stored in memory.

The closest CPU is the 80x96 series.

The 8061 and 8065 were designed by Ford developed by Intel.

You are better off trying to speak with Ford to get the documentation than Intel.

I know where to get the documents for the 8061 CPU, instruction set, etc.

Tools to compile, do not exist as far as I know.  That was done on a VAX.

Many open source software exist, and asking Intel is not going to get you the answer.

0 Kudos