Embedded Intel® Core™ Processors
Communicate Intel® Core™ Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics Concerns
1204 Discussions

[pktgen-dpdk]Only can send a few packets and stopped.

wyf
Beginner

When I run pktgen-dpdk on computer A and run dpdk on computer B, the pktgen can only send a few packets( about one second) and stopped.

The command on A side is ./tools/pktgen-run.sh.

I modified some line in the tools/pktgen-run.sh to suit my computer. The critical line is "load_file = "-f test/tx-rx-loopback.lua"". I also tried "load_file = -f test/set_seq.lua". But it also only can send a few packets and stopped.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, VicWang:

Thank for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

In order to be on the same page, could you please tell us if the designs related to your questions are third-party or they have been developed by you? In case that they are third-party devices, could you please give us all the information related to them?

Wating for your reply.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
wyf
Beginner

Hi, Carlos:

The NIC is intel 82576 Gigabit NIC. The Version of pktgen is 3.5.2. The Version of dpdk is 17.11.2.

I also try another way. I use two ports on both sides of machines.On the machine A , run pktgen with the command "./pktgen –c 0xf –n2 -- -P –m "2.0,3.1"". And on the machine B ,run dpdk with the command "./test_pmd –c 0xf –n2 -- -i –portmask=0x3 –coremask=0xc". It can also only send a few packets and stop.

Best Regards.

Vic

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, VicWang:

Thanks for your clarification.

We suggest you address your consultations related to any Intel NIC cards to the https://communities.intel.com/community/tech/wired Intel Wired Ethernet Forum.

We hope that this information is useful to you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos