Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

1. Is there a special configuration or image that needs programmed to set the i210 in NCSI mode? 2. Can NCSI configuration be done by both the BMC and the CPU side?

PLam5
Beginner

I210 INITIALIZATION AND CONFIGURATION FOR EXTERNAL BMC

We are trying to bring-up an ASPEED AST2520 (BMC) with i210 through NCSI. We also have a CPU tied to the same i210 NIC through PCIE. We have already configured the i210 from the CPU side using EEUPDATE, and are able to reach network!

The issue is that the BMC doesn't see a response from the i210. We have seen on scope that TX_EN and TX_D0 are HIGH at the i210 side, meaning the BMC is trying to talk to the i210, but we do not see any response from CRS_DV or RX_D0 to the BMC.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello PLam5, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. It seems a colleague at Intel is already assisting you with this issue through the web portal. Please continue to work with them, so the steps are not repeated on our end. Let us know if any other questions come up. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
vhosaman
Employee

hi Daniel,

Can you let me know who assisted in this issue from Intel?

0 Kudos
superdha
Beginner

Hi Daniel,

I have a similar question, except my platform is ASPEED AST2500 with INTEL i210.

Greenshot 2021-08-13 16.51.52.png

As shown in the picture, the BMC will communicate with i210 by RMII (or NCSI), however, I can't find any documents (or drivers) show me how to do this job. How can I get help from Intel? Thanks.

0 Kudos