Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4855 Discussions

23.5 Vlans break Windows Powershell Get-NetAdapter

CHead1
Novice

Hello. Windows 1809.

1. Get-NetAdapter works fine.
  2. Install Intel 23.5, Get-NetAdapter still works fine.
  3. Create a VLAN, Get-Netadapter fails. (error below)
  4. I believe (but can't remember) after removing VLANs get-netadapter works again.
  5. Restored to system point and rechecked. Reproducible.
  6. sfc /scannow shows no issues. the wbem repository check says it is consistent.

Error:

PS C:\Users\dingo> Get-NetAdapter

Get-NetAdapter : The data is invalid.

At line:1 char:1

+ Get-NetAdapter

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo     : InvalidData: (MSFT_NetAdapter:ROOT/StandardCimv2/MSFT_NetAdapter) [Get-NetAdapter], CimException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Windows System Error 13,Get-NetAdapter

Powershell Cmds to create vlan:

Import-Module -Name "C:\Program Files\Intel\Wired Networking\IntelNetCmdlets\IntelNetCmdlets"

$IntelNic=Get-IntelNetAdapter -Name "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V"

$networkVLANs=(

@{"VLAN"="64"; "Name"="VLAN 64"},

@{"VLAN"="120";"Name"="VLAN 120"},

@{"VLAN"="241";"Name"="VLAN 241"},

@{"VLAN"="255";"Name"="VLAN 255"}

)

foreach($network in $networkVLANs)

{

Add-IntelNetVLAN -Parent $intelnic -VLANID $network["VLAN"]

Set-IntelNetVLAN -Parent $intelnic -VLANID $network["VLAN"] -NewVLANName "$($network["VLAN"]) - $($network["Name"])"

}

61 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello DrJustice and CUllr,

Good day!

We received an update from our development team that the issue is fixed in the upcoming 25.3 Release.

The 25.3 release is currently in Production Candidate status and waiting for Post Validation. This should occur in the next couple of weeks. Once PV status we will publish to download center.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Best Regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
CUllr
New Contributor I

Is 25.3's ANS going to support Windows 10 2009?

0 Kudos
DrJustice
Novice
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello CUllr,

Thank you for the reply.

Please allow me to confirm your question with our engineers. We will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than 2-4 business days.

Hoping for your patience.

Best Regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello DrJustice and CUllr,

Good day and I hope you are doing fine!

Intel® Ethernet Adapter Driver Pack Version: 25.3 is already available for downloads. This includes the fix for this issue. We hope you don't mid trying it out and send us an update for the result.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22283/Intel-Ethernet-Adapter-Complete-Driver-Pack?product=139349

By the way, please be informed that 25.3 will not officially support Windows 20H2. Likely the release version following this one will bring support for the next iteration of Windows 10.

We look forward to your reply.

Should there be no response from you, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
CUllr
New Contributor I

Hello,

yes, 25.3 appears to fix the WMI issue. I installed it over 25.2 on a computer that was having the issue and WMI/PS started working.

It is of course unfortunate, though not unexpected, that it does not work with 2009; I just hope that whatever the next version will be does not regress (again) in regard to this WMI bug.

0 Kudos
SLübk
Novice

Hello!

I just downloaded and installed the 25.3 driver for my i219-LM NIC. Unfortunately this update still doesn't fix my issue. As soon as you create a VLAN, executing Get-NetAdapter as Administrator still reports:

PS C:\scripts\Net> Get-NetAdapter
Get-NetAdapter : The data is invalid.
At line:1 char:1
+ Get-NetAdapter
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (MSFT_NetAdapter:ROOT/StandardCimv2/MSFT_NetAdapter) [Get-NetAdapter], CimE
xception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Windows System Error 13,Get-NetAdapter

After deleting the VLAN again, Get-NetAdapter works fine. I completely uninstalled the Intel drivers, rebooted and then installed everything from scratch, but it didn't help. Same error message!

BR,

Sven

0 Kudos
DrJustice
Novice

I have given up, to tell you the truth. I'll be unsubscribing to this thread because it's getting ridiculous at this point.

It is unbelievable, actually, that Intel can produce amazing technology - I'm talking hardware that just by itself powers almost all of the world - yet can't seem to get a handle on a driver.

I'll just go ahead and purchase multi-gig hardware and be done with it, even though it's not what I wanted to do.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello CUllr, 

Thank you for the update.

We are glad to hear that the SW 25.3 worked for you. 

Please also accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. If you have questions and clarifications on this matter, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Hello Sven,

I am sorry to hear that the issue still persist on your environment. Can you share the exact version of your Operating System? This will help us in investigating the issue. 

Looking forward to your reply.

Should there be no response, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
SLübk
Novice

Hallo Crisselle!

winver reports:

Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.1667)

Does that new Intel driver version really solve this issue for everyone beside me?

BR,

Sven

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sven,

Thank you for the reply.

The fix on this issue is incorporated on SW release 25.3. This should work for you and for everyone. But don't worry, I will further check this with our engineers and let them know that you are still facing the same problem.

We will get back to you as soon as we heard from them but no later than 2-4 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience.

Hello DrJustice,

Appreciate your reply. 

We do apologize for the inconvenience. We understand that you are frustrated and tired of this issue. I assume that you are still having the same issue even after trying out the latest driver. Rest assured that this will be communicated with our higher level. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
DrJustice
Novice

Hi.

Actually, your assumption would be incorrect.

I don't know if the issue got fixed for my system with 25.3.  I just gave up.

I went on ebay and bought a bunch of Mellanox ConnectX-3 for 50$ each, a microtik switch and I now have 10GigE problem solved without the black-magic-voodoo of trying to team nics together.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello All,

I hope you're doing well.

I already reported that the issue still occurs on 25.3 to our engineers. They do appreciate your effort in reporting this. We understand your frustration on this matter and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Rest assured that this issue is still under investigation. 

Hello Sven,

Will you be able to provide System Support Utility (SSU) log of your system. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. Kindly refer to the steps below.

a- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

b- Open SSU.exe

c- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan".

d- When finished scanning, click "Next".

e- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post.

Awaiting to your reply. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sven,

Good day!

We'd like to follow up the SSU logs requested for us to continue investigating on this issue. Can you also share the exact steps done in what you are trying to do? 

Hello CUllr, 

How are you doing today? 

We hope you don't mind providing SSU logs from your system where this issue was resolved. Please also share the exact steps done in your setup? This will greatly help us with the investigation. 

Awaiting to your reply. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
CUllr
New Contributor I

Hello,

logs attached.

As for the installation steps, I'm not sure I can remember what I did exactly. My earlier post says I installed 25.3 over 25.2, so that's probably what I did, i.e. I installed 25.3 without first uninstalling 25.2.

I have also attached the event log entries related to the installation, few though they are.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello CUllr,

Good day!

We highly appreciate your effort in sending the information requested. This is indeed helpful in investigating this issue. 

Hello Sven,

After further checking, we have been informed that the fix for this issue is not included in versions of Windows 10 prior to RS5. 1803 is RS4. If you wish to pursue teaming, you will need to update to at least RS5 of Windows 10 and then apply the drivers.

Let us know if you have additional questions and clarifications. 

Hoping to hear from you soon.

We'll follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sven,

Good day!

We'd like to check if you are able to check our previous post. In case you have questions and clarifications, please let us know and we will be glad to be of help.

Hoping to hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sven,

I hope you're having an amazing day!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
SLübk
Novice

Hallo Crisselle!

Thank you for the information. As I don't have any influence on updating Windows 10 to RS5 (company laptop) I just have to wait for it to happen. I'm glad that everything is fixed now...although I can't use it yet.

Thank you for your support!

BR,

Sven

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sven,

Appreciate the prompt reply and your kind understanding. 

If in case that you have any assistance need in the future, please do not hesitate to submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. 

May you have a great day!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos