Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4874 Discussions

Add VLAN with I217-LM

BDupa
Beginner

Hi all,

I am trying to add VLANs on my I217-LM ethernet card but when I enter the command "Add-IntelNetVLAN -Parentname" Intel (R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM "-VLANID XXX" or when i try to use Intel ProSet adapter Configuration Utility I get an error message and it disables the card and cuts off all network access. I have to restart the PC to recover the card.

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello BDupa,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Kindly open the links below on how to create VLAN. Since I did not get your operating system, I provided two links for desktop and server operating system.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005677/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000035837/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello BDupa,

I hope you are having a good day.

I just want to check if you still have clarifications regarding this thread.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
BDupa
Beginner

Hi @Mike_Intel ,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Sorry for the delay in my response but I did not have time to take up this subject again.

I will look at the documentation and come back here if needed.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello BDupa,

Thank you for the update. Can you tell us when can you provide another update for me to know when to make a follow up?

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello BDupa,

We are just sending another follow up to check if you tried the follow the steps on the links that we provided. If you need more time, kindly tell us for us to know when to make another follow up.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello BDupa,

I am just sending another follow up on the information that I requested. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos