Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4880 Discussions

Can I associate all ports/interfaces in 700 Series to the same PHC as the E800?

Aber1
Beginner

Hi,

I have the 700 Series Network Adapters (up to 40GbE) with 2 PHC. Can I associate all ports/interfaces to the same PHC as the E800?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Irwan_Intel

Hi Aber1,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check and investigate the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Please provide photos of the NIC card on both sides focusing on the markings.

2. What is the brand and model of your board or system?

In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days.

Regards,

Irwan_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Aber1
Beginner

Hi,

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-21 at 12.30.18.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-21 at 12.30.17.jpeg

  

2. Lenovo ThinkStation P340 Tower 30DH00GHIV with fedora 32

thanks

0 Kudos
Irwan_Intel

Hi Aber1,

Thanks for sharing the information. Could I verify if you are referring to this articles that states all ports on the E810 share the same PHC? Do you need to configured HPC to 700 series as similar to E800?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000089571/ethernet-products/800-series-network-adapters-up-to-100gbe.html

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Irwan_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Aber1
Beginner

Hi Irwan_Intel,

Like E800, set one PHC for all ports

"PHC of 100GbE Intel® Ethernet Network Adapter E810 is set per device and all ports share the same PHC"

thanks!

0 Kudos
Irwan_Intel

Hi Aber1, 

As per our next level update, XXV710-DA2T, each port has its own PHC. It is not possible to configure and set one PHC for all ports like the E800. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Regards,

Irwan_Intel

Intel Customer Support

Irwan_Intel

Hi Aber1,

Just a follow up to see if you have further questions or concern regarding this issue.

Feel free to contact us should you need any further assistance, and we will be more than glad to continue assisting you.

Regards,

Irwan_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Irwan_Intel

Hi Aber1,

Kindly note that we will be closing this request due to the lack of response to our previous follow-ups. If you have any further inquiries in the future, please do not hesitate to submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Irwan_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos