Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Can't Team Intel 1219-V and 1211 on ASRock Motherboard

FlightSimVR
Beginner

I'm using an ASRock motherboard that supports NIC teaming. I'm on all the latest drivers and Windows 10 version.

It does seem to matter which command I use I get errors.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution
VincentT_Intel

Hi FlightSimVR,

Thank you for sharing the Motherboard model.

Based on the SSU log, your Windows 10 version is 1909 (19H2). I've checked the latest driver version for I219-V and it is on version 12.18.9.10.

Please download the software version 24.3 (PROWinx64.exe) found in this link to update your drivers.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

A Contingent Worker At Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 Replies
VincentT_Intel

Hi FlightSimVR,

Thank you for posting in Intel® Ethernet Communities.

In order for us to further investigate the issue, kindly provide your system configuration. You may use the Intel® SSU and attach the output text file in the thread.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel

Hi FlightSimVR,

Good day!

We'd like to follow-up the requested information.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
FlightSimVR
Beginner

I had to be home in order to run the info gathering.

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel

Hi FlightSimVR,

Thank you for providing the SSU output. Upon checking, the log file is from a Dell XPS 13 9380 system. Please share the SSU log from your Asrock motherboard.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
FlightSimVR
Beginner

LOL, sorry, that was my laptop. The right file is now attached. Thank you

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel

Hi FlightSimVR,

Thank you for providing the SSU log of your Asrock board, We're not able to locate the information of the board model and SKU from the log file. Kindly share the model of your Asrock board.

We've noticed your Intel Network Connections software is version 23.2 and the drivers for your I219-V and I211 are not updated. Please download the software version 24.3 found in this link to update your drivers.

Once updated, you can try to create the team again using the PowerShell command.

Another option is to get in touch with Asrock support since in your first post, you mentioned the Asrock board supports NIC Teaming. They might have customized solution to configure NIC teaming.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
PCour3
Beginner

I have the same issue. and i sure its and Intel/Microsoft program problem. seeing how it knocked out both my intel machines at the same time and left the AMD one alone. I have had to go buy 2 wireless USBS until you guys can get this problem fixed . I have downloaded that 24_3 file. its runs, copies like 1500 files and then does nothing cause it says my connection is disabled when it obviously is not. or that I need to plug in the Ethernet cord that is obviously plugged in. I also have (Intel_LAN(v12.18.9.7w) ) that does nothing but reinstall/reloads the non working driver. I am here cause of the search words AS rock and Intel. but the other computer is a gigabyte MB with the same issue except nothing shows anything is wrong, yet there is no lights on the Ethernet port and of course i am stuck using the Wi-fi usb . update, downloaded 12.18.9.10. from asrocks website directly. yea, still doesn't work

0 Kudos
FlightSimVR
Beginner

The motherboard is an ASROCK H370M-ITX/ac. Their product page says...

"Dual Intel® LAN: Users are able to connect two LAN cables to this motherboard's rear I/O. Dual LAN with Teaming function enabled on this motherboard allows two single connections to act as one single connection for twice the transmission bandwidth, making data transmission more effective.

* Teaming is supported on Windows® 10 RS2 and above."

The page is here.

Of course I'm on higher than Win 10 RS2.

I use the Intel Driver & Support Assistant to monitor and update drivers. It is showing no updates available.

screencapture-intel-content-www-uk-en-support-intel-driver-support-assistant-html-2019-12-13-13_53_24.png

The detailed report shows:

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel

Hi FlightSimVR,

Thank you for sharing the Motherboard model.

Based on the SSU log, your Windows 10 version is 1909 (19H2). I've checked the latest driver version for I219-V and it is on version 12.18.9.10.

Please download the software version 24.3 (PROWinx64.exe) found in this link to update your drivers.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel

Hi FlightSimVR,

Good day!

We'd like to check if you're able to try out the software version 24.3 on your system.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
FlightSimVR
Beginner

So installing v24.3 was fine. I can see both NIC as these pictures show:

Capture.PNG

2.PNG

But when I run the cable test on the second NIC (the I211) I get errors:

3.PNG

It's a new cable, but I've swapped it, still the same errors.

But I can create a team...

4.PNG

5.PNG

6.PNG

But the I211 is showing Inactive.

I'm not what is going on with that second NIC, as the switch is showing it up and running at 1Gbit.

I'm trying to get the maximum throughput hence going for Adaptive Load Balancing.

0 Kudos
PCour3
Beginner

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rosewill-10-100-1000-Mbps-Ethernet-Card-Network-Adapter-Card-Network-Interfac/133248450849?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

cost me 16 bucks, per card and fixed the problems caused by microsoft/Intel ....

as I said in the post above . 2 out of 3 computers in my house went down a few days ago at 3pm. Both were Intel. The AMD computer setup was not affected and all 3 have the same update schedule .

0 Kudos
FlightSimVR
Beginner

But I have two NICs built-in to my motherboard, they should work, so why would I can them?

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel

Hi FlightSimVR,

Glad to know the teaming creation works in Adapter Configuration Utility.

For the I211 inactive status, please confirm the connection speed of your Adaptive Load balancing virtual adapter, does it shows 2Gbps?

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
FlightSimVR
Beginner
0 Kudos
FlightSimVR
Beginner

I've done nothing but the second NIC is showing Active also now.2.PNG

0 Kudos
FlightSimVR
Beginner

Even the cable test is passed... I've not touched the cable.3.PNG

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel

Hi FlightSimVR,

Happy Holidays!

Thanks for sharing the update. Please let us know if there's other assistance needed for your Intel Ethernet products.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel

Hi FlightSimVR,

Good day!

For the initial cable issue and inactive status of I211, please let us know if you still encounter the same issue after system restart.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel

Hi FlightSimVR,

Happy New Year!

It's been some time since we've heard from you. Hope we're able to resolve your query. Please be informed the support case associated with this thread will be closed.

Feel free to create a new thread if you have other assistance needed for your Intel Ethernet products.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos