Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4921 Discussions

Can't seem to enable 2.5gbps on x550-T2

Blader
Beginner

Hi All,

I've installed x550-t2 card with latest july 2022 drivers but it keeps resetting speed to 1gbs (my fiber modem port speed)

I've connected both qnap and desktop to 2.5gbps qnap switch (QNAP QSW-1105-5T Ethernet Switch - 5 Ports - 2 Layer Supported - 12 W Power Consumption) over cat 6a cables.
My modem is also connected to the same switch

I've tried changing options "speed & duplex" to 2.5gbps in network adapter settings for x550-t2 and it changes it just fine but i can't still set the qnap to dekstop speed at 2.5gbps - still 1gbps going on....
Qnap 673a shows 2.5gbps as network speed

Any ideas?

Running Windows 10 Pro x64

Thanks!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Blader, 

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the following information that would help in checking your request. 

1. Just to confirm, can you share the speed capability of your modem? Is it capable of 2.5Gbps? 

2. Is there any reason why do you need the 2.5Gbps? This is just for our record purposes. 

Awaiting to your reply. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Blader, 

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if you received our initial reply. If yes, please confirm and provide the information we request for us to proceed checking your query. 

Awaiting to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Blader
Beginner

Hello Crisselle,

I've managed to enable the 2.5gbps after the reboot! If it is set to "auto negotiation" it still goes with 1gbps (due to my modem port speed) but if I force it to 2.5gbps and reboot it stays at 2.5gbps.

I need 2.5gbps to connect to my qnap nas ts-673a over 2.5gbps qnap switch.

One thing I noticed is that I can't get full 2.5gbps from my NAS to PC. Max read speed from NAS  is 204 MB/s or so which is about 2/3 of 2.5gbps speed (312 MB/s). If I connect SSD directly to my NAS through usb 10gbps I can get at least full 2.5gbps speed directly from NAS but not over network... Not sure if it's the intel card or something else... Jumbo frames made it even slower when enabled.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Blader, 

Thank you for the reply. 

Just to confirm, have you tried directly connecting the x550-t2 to your QNAP QSW-1105-5T Ethernet Switch? Are you able to set the speed to 2.5Gbps successfully?

Hoping to hear from you soon. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Blader
Beginner

Hello Crisselle,

Yes, both x550-t2 and qnap NAS are connected to 2.5 gbps router.

Speed is set on both x550-t2 and NAS at 2.5gbps and shows as 2.5.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Blader, 

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if you received our previous reply. If yes, please confirm and share if you tried directly connecting the x550-t2 to your QNAP QSW-1105-5T Ethernet Switch? Are you able to set the speed to 2.5Gbps successfully?

Awaiting to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Blader, 

Thank you for the reply. 

Please allow us to further check on this matter. We will give you an update as soon as possible but no later than 3 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Blader, 

Thank you for the patience on this matter. 

Can you share the brand and model of the modem as requested by our engineers?

Additionally, please provide the System Support Utility (SSU) log of your system. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. Kindly refer to the steps below.

a- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

b- Open SSU.exe

c- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan".

d- When finished scanning, click "Next".

e- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post.

Awaiting to your reply. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Blader, 

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just sending a soft follow up on the information that we requested for us to further assist you. We will wait for your reply. 

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Blader, 

Good day and I hope this message finds you well!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos