Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

Can't uninstall Intel Network Connections drivers

Psmit9
Beginner

Today I traded an Asus Rampage V Edition 10 motherboard for an Asus X -99 E-10G WS. The Rampage board just tried out. So I replaced the hard drive and all worked well except I cannot uninstall the Intel LAN drivers so I can connect to the internet.

Here is what I have tried:

1. The Microsoft Program install and uninstall utility

2. The Windows install cleanup

3/ Ccleaner

4. Advanced uninstaller pro 12

5. Deleted several times from Device Manager the Ethernet drivers. They always come back.

I am running Windows 10, 64-bit. Please help. I called Asus and they only recommended a fresh Windows install. I can't do that since I have about 300 programs on the drive and it would take a week to put those back on. Please help. I have spent about five hours on this and haven't fixed it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello Ps77777,

Thank you for posting in Intel Wired Ethernet Communities. Are there any errors accompanying the uninstall? Let us know what the model of the Ethernet controller is, and if you are using drivers from ASUS or Intel. If you are confident in using the Registry Editor in Windows 10 you may be able to use this article: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005781/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html Unable to Uninstall Teams, Intel® Network Connections, or Intel® PROSet. Please follow the directions closely, and have a backup of your registry before attempting any editing. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support

View solution in original post

3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Ps77777,

Thank you for posting in Intel Wired Ethernet Communities. Are there any errors accompanying the uninstall? Let us know what the model of the Ethernet controller is, and if you are using drivers from ASUS or Intel. If you are confident in using the Registry Editor in Windows 10 you may be able to use this article: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005781/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html Unable to Uninstall Teams, Intel® Network Connections, or Intel® PROSet. Please follow the directions closely, and have a backup of your registry before attempting any editing. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support
Psmit9
Beginner

That worked. Amazing. Thank you. I am eternally grateful.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ps77777,

Thank you for the reply. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos