Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
5097 Discussions

Code 10 error for Ethernet Connection (7) I219-v

RobertT
Beginner

Hello. 
I have been having issues with my Intel Ethernet Connection (7) I219-v adapter for some time now. Every time I look at my device manager is gives me a Code 10 Error

I have tried everything from rebooting my PC to uninstalling and reinstalling, even going as far as to install older versions of the driver. All to no avail. 

This problem was noticed back in October because I also have a wireless connection so my internet access was not cut off. but I did start to notice a downgrade in speed.

I have attached the results of my SSU scan because I saw that was requested in other threads. I am currently at a loss for what I can do and I really hope it is not a hardware issue since my machine is more than 3 years old

Thank you for your help in advance

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Yogaeasvaran
Employee

Greetings Robert,

Thank you for contacting in Intel Customer Support.

We acknowledge the issue that you are facing for Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V with Code 10 error.

For the issue you have listed please follow the steps below to fix the issue:

1. Uninstall the device driver and restart the system to check if it may be driver related.
  2. Remove any hardware that was recently installed in the system. There could be a device causing a hardware conflict or compatibility issues.
  3. Perform a clean installation of drivers. Uninstalling and then reinstalling the drivers for the device is a likely solution to a Code 10 error. (Which you have tried, hence please do it again)
  4. Try a new Cat 6 cable.
  5. Clear the CMOS battery and check with the board manufacturer if the BIOS is already updated to its latest version.
  6. Try an older version of the Local Area Network (LAN) driver from the manufacturer or use the inbox driver from Microsoft. Installing the older drivers for the device might correct the Code 10 error. (Which you have tried, hence please do it again)
  7. As a last resource, try a repair install of Windows*. If this doesn't work, try a clean install of Windows*.
  8. If the issue still persists after trying out the steps above, contact the manufacturer for possible motherboard RMA.

Please do let us know the feedback and reply to this thread.

Regards,

Yogaeasvaran

0 Kudos
Yogaeasvaran
Employee

Greetings Robert,

Regarding your case, we are following up to find out if you were able to complete the actions, we previously recommended.

Please reply to this thread to confirm, so we can continue helping with a resolution. Looking forward to receiving your reply!

Regards,

Yogaeasvaran

0 Kudos
RobertT
Beginner

Thank you for the response. I have tried all I can do, excluding steps 5 and 7. I am fairly confident that it is a hardware issue and have decided to look into replacing the device or motherboard as a whole. 

0 Kudos
Yogaeasvaran
Employee

Greetings Robert,

Thank you for your response.

Since the issue still persists after trying out the steps above, please contact the manufacturer/OEM for possible motherboard RMA.

Therefore, we will proceed to close this thread.

If you have any more questions in the future, please don't hesitate to post a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Yogaeasvaran

0 Kudos