Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4926 Discussions

Driver W10 i211 network card

Francois44
Beginner

Hello,

I would like to update the drivers intel i211 network card.

Can you give me the link to the latest "working, no problem" drivers for W10 64 bits ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
11 Replies
B_Y
Employee

Hi @Francois44,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

May I seek your help for a photo of the markings of the I211 network card both front and back so we can validate your adapter. Please refer to the link below as example. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/ethernet-products/500-series-network-adapters-up-to-10gbe.html

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Francois44
Beginner

Hi @B_Y 

Access to the PC isn't easy, so I can't get this information. I imagine that if it's so important it should be possible to find it from the network card properties window in the details tab, where there's a list of fields with values (eg Device description, compatible Ids, Provider, Service, Bus number, etc). 

Which property should be read ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
B_Y
Employee

Hi @Francois44,

Thank you for your quick reply.

The reason to identify the markings because this would also help us identify if you are using an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or retail version of Intel Ethernet Adapter. It can be done via physically or software as below:

Alternatively, we can get the ethernet configuration, OS version and system board info with us to further check.

How to get the Intel® System Support Utility(SSU) Logs on Windows*

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Intel recently develop Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack , the drivers linked from Intel page are generic versions, and can be used for general purposes and fix some issue with Intel system. 

If Intel® Ethernet Controller is embedded on OEM system or a network adapter was produced by OEM, it's best to check with the OEM because the driver and firmware usually customized to provide optimum performance of the controller or NIC based on the motherboard.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
BY
Beginner

Hi @Francois44,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending a follow up if you have any questions from the previous post. If so, please let us know.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
BY
Beginner

Hi @Francois44,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending a follow up if you have any questions from the previous post. If so, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
B_Y
Employee

Hi @Francois44,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending a follow up if you have any questions from the previous post. If so, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Francois44
Beginner

CaptureIntel.png

0 Kudos
Francois44
Beginner

Hi @B_Y 

Here is some information about the i211 network card. Is this enough to tell me which driver is compatible?

0 Kudos
B_Y
Employee

Hi @Francois44,

Thank you for sharing the information. Unfortunately, Intel doesn't have a tool to identify an OEM's hardware ID.

The SSU log will run and scan the hardware configuration, which identify the hardware model, part number and settings.

May I know if you have some security concern that prevent from getting the SSU logs? If yes, we can try alternative way and

1) The model of system, motherboard

2) The OS build and version

3) The NIC is onboard or PCIE?

4) Did you encounter any issue that needing latest "working, no problem" drivers for W10 64 bits?

I have shared the Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack, the link as following: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15084/intel-ethernet-adapter-complete-driver-pack.html

Thank you.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
B_Y
Employee

Hi @Francois44,

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
B_Y
Employee

Hi @Francois44,

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow up. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos