Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4974 Discussions

X710-DA2 Update not working - Unsupported OROM Combo Image

mitzsch
Beginner

Updating an Intel X710-DA2 to the latest version (9.30) does not work and fails with the following output: 

mitzsch_0-1695626797172.png

I also tried it with Windows but that also failed with the same error. Rerunning an older fw package (e.g. v9.10 - note v9.20 also fails) works.

We already discussed it here => X710-DA2 Update not working - Unsupported OROM Combo Image - Intel Community

A user (with the same problem) over there found a "workaround" for updating the firmware but with the downside of losing some functions.

Also as written there. Something seems wrong with the BootIMG.FLB / OROM Image. On the same system, I can rerun the v9.10 update package without a problem, so it somehow must be a problem with the newer firmware package.

The BootIMG.FLB file in the old update package v9.10 is also substantially larger 1 683 014 bytes vs 1 379 463 bytes. I guess something is missing there. Quickly analyzing those files in a text editor also shows something is clearly missing in the new version. 

Also for comparison:

v9.01 BootIMG.FLB = 1 683 014 bytes - update works

v9.10 BootIMG.FLB = 1 683 014 bytes - update works

v9.20 BootIMG.FLB = 1 310 096 bytes - update does not work

v9.30 BootIMG.FLB = 1 379 463 bytes - update does not work

Thanks!

Alex

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Yogaeasvaran
Employee

Greeting Alexander,

Sorry to hear that, we would like to suggest you go ahead and post your questions in Intel Embedded Community, follow the link below:

Embedded Connectivity - Intel Community

You need to click on Embedded group and post this question.

Hence, I will proceed to close this thread.

If you have any more questions in the future, please don't hesitate to post a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank You & Regards

Yogaeasvaran

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
mitzsch
Beginner

Oh lol, didn't notice that I had created the issue on the same page again. **bleep** it... Sorry. I will open a new one on the embedded connectivity subforum.

=> https://community.intel.com/t5/Embedded-Connectivity/X710-DA2-Update-not-working-Unsupported-OROM-Combo-Image/m-p/1528123#M4746

0 Kudos