Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V | Limited to 100Mbps

Sergïo
Beginner

I have been having a slower than normal internet connection for two weeks, it is limited to 100mbps when it has always been at 600mb which is what I have contracted. It all started the day after it rained a lot so I thought the problem was with the line so I called the provider and it seemed that they solved it for me because after they made some changes to my line and I restarted the router I recovered those 600mbps. But then the next day it went back to 100mb, I contacted the provider again and since then it has not been able to be solved again.

I did another cable connection test with my laptop and it reached 600mbps perfectly, so the problem is my PC.

I have tried in the advanced options of the adapter to change the Speed duplex to 1Gb which has made the internet doesn't work and never connects (in fact Windows doesn't detect the cable and the troubleshooter itself tells me that no cable is connected) so I leave it set to "automatic negotiation" and with that if it connects to the internet, but of course at 100mbps. And none of that has solved it, I noticed that the speed of the adapter says "100mbps" which seems very strange to me because it has always put 1Gb.

So I have opted to reset the BIOS in case I have touched something related to the network settings, I have done a clean reinstallation of Windows and nothing, everything remains the same at 100mbps.

I have tried to do the speed test in Linux in case it was Windows issues but there it was also going at 100mb.

How could I fix this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Try replacing the LAN cable with a known good cat-5e or cat6 cable.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Sergïo
Beginner

Hey thank you for responding, and sorry for my tardiness. I was notified of the response by mail but that email was stored in the Spam folder.

My cable is category 7 I think (it's very sturdy and fat) and it was just misplaced. I connected and disconnected it several times but it is seen that the great weight of the cable makes it tilted and not all the pins are connected to the Ethernet port. So I had to do a trick to keep the cable well connected, since I did that my 600mbps came back.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sergïo,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide following information that would help in checking your query.

1. Exact brand and model of your motherboard/system.

2. Does your system comes with WiFi? If yes, have you tried testing your connection using WiFi and do you get the same speed result?

3. Kindly double-check if the established connection speed in the settings can reach 1Gbps. To confirm this, go to Network and Internet Settings. View your Network Properties and scroll down to Link speed (Receive/Transmit).

4. Driver version used and link where it was downloaded.

5. Have you tried replacing your LAN cable with a known good cat-5e or cat6 cable as suggested above?

Looking forward to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Sergïo
Beginner

Hey thank you for responding, and sorry for my tardiness. I was notified of the response by mail but that email was stored in the Spam folder.

My cable is category 7 I think (it's very sturdy and fat) and it was just misplaced. I connected and disconnected it several times but it is seen that the great weight of the cable makes it tilted and not all the pins are connected to the Ethernet port. So I had to do a trick to keep the cable well connected, since I did that my 600mbps came back.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sergïo,

No problem at all. Appreciate your effort in sending the issue resolution. 

We are more than glad to hear that the issue was now resolved. With this, please be informed that we will now close this request. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel and stay safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Lukovski
Beginner

Hello. I have the same issue. 

My integrated Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (10) I219-LM NIC i have 100mbs speed. I have changed my ethernet cable many times, restarted computer several times and evey try to manually set speed&duplex to 1Gbps, but just like @Sergïo mentioned it then just shows that my ethernet cable is unpluged. If I use USB to ehternet adapter it works pefectly fine with 1Gbps. 

I have even reinstalled drivers and nothing changes. 

Is there anything else i can do?

0 Kudos