Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies

Ethernet

Ales
Beginner

Connection Status : Failed This test relies on a response from a gateway, DNS, DHCP, or WINS server and no such response was received.

Any such server for this connection may be unavailable or misconfigured.

This adapter is configured to obtain an IP address automatically but no DHCP server is present on the network.

Windows selected an IP address using Alternate Private IP Addressing.

Cable Link Status : Failed

Link speed: 100Mbps. The link partner is not capable of higher speeds.

I have intel ethernet adapter I217-LM

i can ping a ip address but not connect to it.

What can i do.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Ales,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. What is your OS?
  2. IS it working fine before?
  3. Are you using onboard I217-LM or a PCIe I217-LM?
  4. If you are using PCIe card, please send a photo focusing on the markings on both sides of the card.
  5. What is the model of your board or system?
  6. Can you share the link of your latest driver?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 2 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Ales,

I hope you are having a good day. I just want to make a follow up on the information that I requested below for me to check the issue.

1. What is your OS?
  4. If you are using PCIe card, please send a photo focusing on the markings on both sides of the card.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 2 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Ales
Beginner
  1. What is your OS?

1.Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Različica: 19042.630

2.Yes

3.Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM It is a notebook HP ZBook 17 G2

4 /

5.2255 KBC Version 03.12

6.https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Ales,

Thank you for the reply.

We hope you don't mind sharing the additional information below that would help in further checking your request. 

1.) Where was the error on initial post seen?

2.) When was the issue first encountered? 

3.) Any software or hardware changes prior to issue?

4.) Latest driver version from HP website is 12.15.23.7 Rev.A. Will you be able to try this out? But first, we would suggest performing clean driver installation of the Ethernet Controller. Kindly refer to details below for the instructions. 

a. Download the generic Intel Network Adapter Driver package 25.5 or preferably, the driver provided by your manufacturer. 

I tried looking for Intel LAN driver for HP ZBook 17 G2 and found link below. You may consider contacting HP support to confirm that this is the correct driver for your system.

https://support.hp.com/my-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-zbook-17-g2-mobile-workstation/6978821

b. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Ethernet Connection I217-LM and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

c. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

d. Install the Network Adapter Driver

If the above steps didn't help with the problem, kindly contact HP support for further assistance. We understand that this is an Ethernet controller that's embedded with HP system. For Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) on-board Ethernet controller, it would be best if you can also get in touch with them for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller.

Looking forward to your reply.

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Ales
Beginner

I delet it 4 times.Controller doesn shows Unknown Device.I tested it on other devices and found that
it's not the fault of the card because I can connect to some devices. Only with devices from the company circutor no !?

i think i need to contact circutor support
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Ales,

Appreciate your swift response.

If the issue is only specific to devices from Circutor, then we would suggest to contact them for further investigation and isolation. There might be a compatibility issue or additional configuration needed for it to function properly.

Let us know if you have additional assistance needed.

We look forward to hear from you. 

Should there be no response, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Ales,

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if you have contacted Circutor support to further investigate the issue? In case you have additional questions and clarifications, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Ales,

I am just sending another follow up to check and we are hoping that you are already talking to the manufacturer of the board or system to further check the issue.  

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos