Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4813 Discussions

FFS Intel do your job instead of deleting threads

Engine
New Contributor I

I'm one of those I225-V owners, it's Revision 2 and ist horrible.
I get constant disconnects and lag spikes in games.
I tried every method, amt is on the newest firmware, running 1.0.1.4 as a driver (tested every other ones as well, this one ist the most "stable"), deactivated power savings mode yadayadayada.

I demand an official statement, asus is keeping their mouth shut either.
I swear, that it post 3 new posts on every other hardware message board i know, everytime something gets deleted again and will also write to the most popular pc magazines as well, this §$% needs to get resolved asap!

0 Kudos
17 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Engine,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Page.

We are sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing with your network adapter. Before everything, please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience with the threads that you have create on our community forums. We assure you that your support request is very important to us and we will do our best to assist you.

Here is our official statement and recommendation on the issue: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057261.html.

If you have done the steps indicated on the page,  we need to get some logs from your system. It will tell us the different driver version and components installed on your system. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility from this page, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- . After running it, you will be given an option to save the logs to a text file, please do so and attach the file on your reply.

We look forward to hearing from you. If we do not get your reply, we will follow up after 3 business days.

We hope for your forgiveness regarding the threads that you are claiming to be deleted.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Engine
New Contributor I

I read the official statement, did the recommendated things and it still doesnt work properly. there was no need to update the nvm anyway since the asus b550-e gaming came with stepping b2 and was already on the latest firmware.
the driver 1.0.1.4 seems to be most stable, but isn't working 100%. you'll find the log file attached.

i dont know how you try to fix a hardware bug by checking a log, but be my guest. as it seems as of now, there's still no new statement regarding the delete of the biggest thread concerning the problems.
i already contacted the seller and im going to give it back. 
i'll go for realtek as i did for amd with the new cpu. money talks, thanks anyway

0 Kudos
Engine
New Contributor I
Don't mind the log above. Windows keeps updating it every now and then. I won't deactivate it since updates are essentiell. To bad there is no way to deactivate updates for certain devices.

Daily push for visibility!

Same with me, i'm on the latest nvm and did everything your support page provides. Even stepping down to 1gb full duplex doesn't give a reliable connection. Stepping b2 is broken as well. Where is the post gone where you wrote about talking to the engineers? Why's there no statement on problems with the said controller? Even if staying with old drivers and crippled ethernet speeds lightens the problem there is still one, thousand of users suffer from.
Why did you release stepping b3 if above mentioned "fix" would work?

I'll upload another log later. Maybe someone is going to the reply to the thousand of users lurking and reading here.
Most of the poor souls out there don't even know their connection issues are tied to your broken controller..
0 Kudos
Engine
New Contributor I

new log

0 Kudos
NotImpressed
New Contributor I

Same here, I'm tired of this crap, Asus is keeping quiet and refusing to fix the issue for me, how about you guys clearly convey to Intel that your I225 V boards with b1/b1 stepping are gimped??????

0 Kudos
NotImpressed
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
Engine
New Contributor I

so theres the log any update? push

0 Kudos
Engine
New Contributor I

To answer your question from another post. i have no idea why there's no entry at the firmware field inside the log.
it is actually 1.45. i know that since i tried to update it as you recommended and it didnt push through since im on the latest nvm.

0 Kudos
Douglas_E_Intel

Our apologies for any inconvenience from the removal of the previous thread. A Content Manager was removing a spam post and accidentally removed the whole thread. We are attempting to recover the original thread and repost it. 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Engine,

Good day. We hope everything is well.

While we were waiting for your reply on this thread, we were checking the forum to see if you have a thread that was accidentally deleted. We found this thread https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/I225-V-Packet-losses-after-Windows-update/m-p/1230540#M22603. To make it up to you, we re-opened that thread, and this time we will make sure that you get a final and lasting recommendation from us.

Our team is now working hard to find a resolution to your concern.

We hope for your forgiveness on what has transpired regarding the deletion of your thread. Rest assured, from this point; we will be closely monitoring your thread and ensure that we would answer your questions.

Thank you for your understanding on this.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Engine
New Contributor I

"While we were waiting for your reply on this thread"

What does that even mean? I replied a more than a couple of times before. Please get some real person to answer please... i'm sick and tired of this copy & paste spam.

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Engine,

Thank you for your honest feedback.

We are humbly sorry that if one of the sentences in the previous message is inappropriate. It seems our system was not correctly displaying the previous posts. We have already taken care of it. We are currently reviewing all the posts posted on this thread as our engineers continue to investigate the matter.

We will continue to investigate the matter. We will endeavor to provide you with an update no later than four business days from now.

We hope for your understanding and forgiveness. 

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Engine
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Engine,

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding waiting for our update.

Here are the current findings of our engineers:

On their testing, they found that you will receive Windows Update (LAN driver) notice if we use a 2-part ID in Windows Update driver resell option; this is not the expected result, and we are planning to revoke this option in Windows Update. Once we have done this, you will not receive the current LAN driver update (V1.0.2.6) request from Windows Update.

We are still further investigating the concern.

Before we end this post, we would like to extend our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience experienced.

Please allow us more time to check on your concern.

We will try to get back to you with an answer no later than five business days from now; although, we will reach out to you if we need more information or if we already have developments regarding your concern.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Engine
New Contributor I

i returned my board after talking to the vendor, who couldn't verify that i'll get a new one with b3 stepping, since they didn't get any information by asus or intel themselfes and are pissed af (big german pc part trader).
intel is dead to me as of now. cpu is amd, new nic is realtek. i can't listen to this pseudo native speaking bots anymore. this whole situation is something intel, their support team and their board partners should ne ashamed of. sucks to be bad at your job, doesn't it? 
i just recommend you to do the same, it was quite freeing to ship the old board back to the vendor.
i'm out of here. gl getting any real information until you run out of warranty or the lifecycle of the motherboard..
gl all, peter

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Engine,

We understand the frustration, and we would like to apologize again for all the inconvenience this may have caused. Please be informed that LAN driver 1.0.2.6 in Windows Update has already been revoked. You will not receive Windows Update (LAN driver 1.0.2.6) notification moving forward. After further verification, it was found out that when 2 part ID is used, it can still deploy the driver on Windows Update, and it will override any systems. For any future LAN driver release in Windows Update, we will only deploy with 4 part ID.

As the best course of action, we still highly recommend using the Asus provided OEM drivers as the final solution. We recommend contacting Asus for the drivers because they are still the best source of support for these OEM motherboards. 

We appreciate your patience and utmost cooperation while we were checking out the issue. 

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
ddulude95
Beginner

Alfred,

Are you or anyone else from Intel able to give the latest status updates from Intel Engineering about this specific NIC? The latest driver version released, which is 1.0.2.8 is majorly unstable, and the current "fix" is to rollback to 1.0.1.4

Will there be a new driver version coming out to address these issues, so that way we don't have to mess around with an unstable NVM firmware update script and rolling back to 1.0.1.4? ASUS is telling users to refer to Intel from what I've read in other threads.

I haven't seen any status update from you guys since March. 

Thanks

0 Kudos