Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

How many maximum VLANs supported per VF using SR-IOV XL710-QDA2 NIC card in trust mode ?

NYerr
Beginner

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Caguicla_Intel
Hello NYerr, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. We will check your inquiry and we'll update you as soon as possible. Hoping for your patience. Please let me know if you have other questions. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NYerr
Beginner

One more question.

How many maximum VLANs supported by XL710-QDA2 NIC card per port in SRIOV trust mode ?

0 Kudos
NYerr
Beginner

Appreciate your early response.

BR,

Naveen

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Naveen, Thank you for waiting on our update. The maximum VLAN supported per VF is 63 VLANs in SR-IOV trust mode. Let me know if you have other questions. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NYerr
Beginner

Can you check my last request on maximum VLANs supported by XL710-QDA2 NIC card per port in SRIOV trust mode ?

Can you share untrust mode number of vlans support per VF and per port in SRIOV flat mode as well.

BR,

Naveen

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Naveen, Thank you for the update. We will check your inquiry and we will get back to you once done. By the way, may we know your planned configuration or what is this for as this may help us to further check on your inquiry. Let me know if you have other questions. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NYerr
Beginner

For one of the our customer we need to validate xl710 SRIOV flat supported NICS, corresponding functionalities, scalability and performance.

In this scenario we are trying to find XL710-QDA2 NIC supported maximum vlans per port and their stability.

BR,

Naveen

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Naveen, Thank you for the response. May we know the Operating System that you used? You might want to visit this link for the readme file of i40e Linux* Base Driver for the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller 700 Series. It consists information about SR-IOV and VLAN. https://downloadmirror.intel.com/24411/eng/readme.txt Let me know if you have other questions. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Naveen, We'd like to follow up the Operating System that you used. Can you also clarify your inquiry regarding SR-IOV flat mode and SR-IOV untrust mode? Let me know if you have other questions. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NYerr
Beginner

We are using Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.5 (Maipo), driver: i40e,version: 2.1.14-k.

The NIC ports we are using in SRIOV mode and setting the VF in trust mode.

Example:   ip link set dev eth0 vf <Number> trust on.

From our observation the max vlans are supported per port of the NIC XL710-QDA2 is varying when we used one port and two ports. Below error also we are observing during the our validation. Do you have any idea when we get the below error and what it meant.

Error: Mar 12 11:51:48 podx-x-compute-4 kernel: i40e 0000:41:00.1: Error I40E_AQ_RC_ENOSPC setting broadcast promiscuous mode on VF 0

It will be great if you share the test results/maximum vlans supported per port of XL710-QDA2 NIC where NIC ports are in SRIOV and VFs trsut mode is on.

BR,

Naveen

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Naveen, Thank you for the details. We will check on this and we'll update you as soon as possible. Let me know if you have other questions. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Naveen, Thank you for waiting. The NIC has a maximum of 2048 MAC and VLAN pairs. When resources are used up, the controller is put into promiscuous mode. There's another user who also encountered promiscuous mode after creating several VLANs, please visit the link below for details: https://sourceforge.net/p/e1000/bugs/526/ Should you have further clarification, kindly post them in the sourceforge thread. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Naveen, Please let us know if the information above are useful to you. If you have other questions, please do no hesitate to ask. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Naveen, Please let us know if if you need other assistance for this matter. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos