Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4974 Discussions

I211 Gigabit (AsRock X570 Taichi) - not connected

JanderQ
Beginner

If I have this under it's properties - 

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

Does this mean it's not repairable?  It stopped working right after a lightning strike.  It was the only thing in the house that was affected so I was really hoping it was a coincidence.  Wi-Fi works most of the time.  I bought an ethernet card that I will test tomorrow.

Worse case, I'll have to replace my motherboard I guess.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Fikri_Intel
Employee

Hi JanderQ,

Thank you for reaching Intel Community.

Based on your issue, I211 is unable to detect and the Windows alert shows Error Code 45 after the system was hit by lightning thunder.

Just to confirm with you where the I211 is a built-in port with a motherboard under AsRock X570 Taichi? Could be the port has been shorted and kaput.

Since the port is built-in with the mobo which is OEM, we kindly advise you to contact the AsRock support team for assistance. They will be best equipped to provide support and address the issue. Also, if there is still under warranty coverage.

Along with that, have you tried to reinstall the driver?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Fikri_Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Fikri_Intel
Employee

Hi JanderQ,

Thank you for reaching Intel Community.

Based on your issue, I211 is unable to detect and the Windows alert shows Error Code 45 after the system was hit by lightning thunder.

Just to confirm with you where the I211 is a built-in port with a motherboard under AsRock X570 Taichi? Could be the port has been shorted and kaput.

Since the port is built-in with the mobo which is OEM, we kindly advise you to contact the AsRock support team for assistance. They will be best equipped to provide support and address the issue. Also, if there is still under warranty coverage.

Along with that, have you tried to reinstall the driver?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Fikri_Intel

0 Kudos
JanderQ
Beginner

Hi.  Thanks for replying.  Yes, it's the built-in port.  Yes, I tried to reinstall drivers and had no change.  I wasn't sure if there was a mobo setting that reset or something that I didn't know about.  Unfortunately I'm out of my warranty window, so a replacement would be necessary, but I ordered/installed a plug-in Ethernet port and it seems to be working fine.

I appreciate the quick response.  

0 Kudos
Fikri_Intel
Employee

Hi JanderQ,

Thank you for your response.

Glad to hear that!

Meaning to say the port itself is kaput and you manage to buy a new one, it works like a champ.

Kindly let us know if we are good to close this thread.

Regards,

Fikri_Intel

0 Kudos
JanderQ
Beginner
0 Kudos
Fikri_Intel
Employee

Hi JanderQ,

Thank you for your update.

We will go ahead and close this thread.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Fikri_Intel

0 Kudos