Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

I211/I217-V Windows 10 LACP teaming fails

FKurt
Novice

Hello,

after the update to Windows 10 (x64, Build 10240) the creation of a teaming group (static or IEEE802.3ad) with a I211+I217-V NIC fails.

Drivers have been upgraded to the latest version available and multiple reinstallations with reboots din't help either. Whenever the group creation wizzard is used and a groupname (several tried), the adapters and LACP have been selected, a Windows pop-up appears to tell me group creation has failed.

However the Windows Device Manager shows a newly created "Intel Advanced Network Services Virtual Adapter", so some kind of configuration seems to get done.

Using Windows 7 SP1 x64 the exact same setup worked flawlessly for months, so Win10/the driver are the likely culprit.

Is anyone experiencing similar problems and/or is this a known bug? Feedback on this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Famaku

1 Solution
CARL_W_Intel
Employee

OK, lets clear a few things up. Lets start with Windows Release Basics.

Windows 10 Version 1507 (build 10.0.10240), codenamed "Threshold 1"

Windows 10 Version 1511 (build 10.0.10586), codenamed "Threshold 2"

Windows 10 Anniversary Update, or Windows 10 Version 1607 (build 10.0.14393), codenamed "Redstone 1"

Windows 10 Creators Update[202] or Windows 10 Version 1703, codenamed "Redstone 2"

1) MS Windows 10 Redstone 1 is where the fix was rolled out by Microsoft was for Windows 10 Anniversary Update, or Windows 10 Version 1607 (build 10.0.14393). Versions prior to 1607 do not have the hot-fix available. Versions after 1511 are "Redstone 2" which is in Beta has not been released yet.

2) Beta releases of operating systems are not tested and validated on posted drivers on the web. If you install the v22.0.1 driver package on releases after Windows 10, version 1607 you will need to escalate any bugs directly to Microsoft.

3) All the issues I see above on these threads are related to a Beta version of Windows 10. propergol , deecol

4) Famaku , you are on Windows 10 version 10240 ("Threshold 1"). MS did not port the Hot Fix for that OS to TH1. Please upgrade to RS1

5) I don't know about this one MassimoS.. You might want to make sure that your system has all available updates from MS. If that doesn't fix the issue, then the Intel support team will need to look into it.

That's the best I can do. My recommendation is to move the request to a new thread for those systems that are RS1 that have all the correct patches installed (please verify they were successful). That way, it can be addressed as a new issue (which it will be) vs. the OS limitation that this string is about.

View solution in original post

567 Replies
pmart14
Beginner
0 Kudos
DCol
Novice

I used autorun from the start and the teaming adapter is disabled.

I can setup the teaming just fine, it is disabled after the team is setup.

I am running Windows 10 build 1607_15031, which is the most current preview build

0 Kudos
ASanc15
Beginner

I have tried to create an 802.3ad and static link aggregation team with my I211-AT/I218-V NICs using the new v22 drivers, but the newly created team status is still showing disabled.

The switch I'm using supports 802.3ad link aggregation and the ports have been configured properly.

0 Kudos
KBonn1
Beginner

What switch do you have? I assume since you setup a static link your switch doesn't support LACP. What option on the team did you select regarding the type of teaming?

0 Kudos
DCol
Novice

I am using a standard 24 port switch Zyxel Gs1100-24. Tried to setup Adaptive Load Balancing (ALB) or Adapter Fault Tolerance (AFT) with the same results. The two installed adapters are enabled and the teaming adapter is disabled. There is no network access and the troubleshooter states there is a problem with the teaming driver.

Is there something else I need to do or is the new Intel software just not working ALB or AFT? Cannot use LACP because my switch doesn't support it, but just for a test, I tried to setup LACP and had the same results.

0 Kudos
ASanc15
Beginner

I have an ASUS RT-5300 router, which supports LACP. I've configured 2012R2/2016/NAS teams with no issues. I think I need to follow Carl's advice and check my Windows 10 version just in case. That and I could try reinstalling the drivers. Hmm..

0 Kudos
LJ
Beginner

had this problem on one of my systems and it turns out the OS didnt update correctly (Microsoft fix didnt take). To solve the problem do an in-place reinstall of the OS. Download Microsoft MediaCreationTool. Get an min 8GB usb stick and use MCT to wites install files to USB stick. Remove any 3rd party anti virus or malwaretools you may have installed (Windows Defender can remain). Run OS install from the USB stick and choose Keep programs and files. This just writes over the OS keeping all programs and settings. Then run the intel installer and this should solve your problem.

Sorry for vauge instructions as this was written from my mobile phone..... I got big thumbs. I can do an in depth instruction set but this will have to wait till later. Let me know how you get on.

0 Kudos
DCol
Novice

Anybody?

My OS is fine since I was able to create a team with no issues. Its just the team adapter is disabled, and according to the troubleshooted has a driver issue.Could something be interfering with the teaming adapter? My i210 and i219 adapters are the only ones installed. I do have a smart switch that supports LACP (Netgear GS724tv3) and figured I would run a test later to see if it makes a difference. I don't like using it since it has a fan.

(Update). LACP with the Netgear doesn't work either. The two internal NIC's are enabled and the teaming connection is disabled. There must be something in my configuration that is not compatible with the teaming adapter driver. I am running Windows 10 build 1607_15031 on a Dell Optiplex 7040 with an i7 and 16GB memory.

Here is a hint, event viewer shows that iANSMiniport is unable to bind to either physical adapter.

0 Kudos
jbond5
Beginner

Near same config as @deecol :

- 2 x Intel(R) Ethernet I210-T1 GbE NIC

- Netgear GS108T

Windows 10 insider preview 161202 (slow ring)

Teaming connection is here after joining both adapters, but the connection is disabled and even right click enable doesnt bring it to life.

The switch itself doesnt recognize any teamed link.

The exact same hardware has been successfully tested with teaming working on Server 2012.

0 Kudos
KBonn1
Beginner

In your teaming adapter's properties, under settings, what does it show for the Status of the 2 adapters? (

Did you try and utilize Static Link Aggregation? This is what I would use if my switch wouldn't do LACP.

0 Kudos
CARL_W_Intel
Employee

The teaming will be disabled even in the new v22.0 driver if you do not have the correct MS hot-fix installed. Download all the latest MS updates so that the driver can see that you have patched the system.

MSava3
Beginner

Carl,

thank you for the new driver. I've successfully installed it and now dynamic teaming is really working.

These are the great news

BUT

I have found a major issue: when the adapter 1 of the team is disable and then enabled the PC crashes with blue screen BAD_POOL_HEADER

If I remove the adapter from the team and disable / enable no crash.

Obviously if I change any of the advanced properties (that require the adapter to be stopped and re started) I get a blue screen.

Here info from the Blue Screen Viewer:

021717-8656-01.dmp 17/02/2017 22:20:33 BAD_POOL_HEADER 0x00000019 00000000`00000020 ffff990c`fcbf9df8 ffff990c`fcbfa868 00000000`34a7ea38 ndis.sys ndis.sys+1610d NDIS (Network Driver Interface Specification) Sistema operativo Microsoft® Windows® Microsoft Corporation 10.0.14393.0 (rs1_release.160715-1616) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0 C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\021717-8656-01.dmp 8 15 14393 861.620 17/02/2017 22:22:37

all the 5 (yes I did multiple tests!!!) blue screens report the same error point in the memory stack:

ndis.sys+1610d

ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0

Am I the only one to who's happening?

Any way I can help to identity the issue?

0 Kudos
CARL_W_Intel
Employee

MassimoS Would you be willing to send us the minidump from the failure? Our Windows driver team would like to take a look at it. You can send it directly to me and I'll send it to the driver development team.

0 Kudos
MSava3
Beginner

Carl_Wilson ha scritto:

MassimoS Would you be willing to send us the minidump from the failure? Our Windows driver team would like to take a look at it. You can send it directly to me and I'll send it to the driver development team.

Carl_Wilson,

I will be super happy to help. do you have any specific instruction I have to follow to generate an useful minidump?

Thanks,

M

0 Kudos
VDifi
Beginner

I downloaded the version 22.0.1 from the Intel site for my Intel i350-t2 card and I still got the Windows 10 teaming warning and teaming was disabled. I reinstalled the drivers following the link to the CD download listed on this forum and everything is working fine (although going to the through the different property tabs and menu was unusually slow - 10 sec to switch between tabs). Just thought to share my experience in case others my have the same issue.

Thank you

0 Kudos
DMcCo3
Novice

Downloaded the CD from the link provided in this thread. Installed without a hitch on my Win10 box with a new I350 V2. Did take some time to navigate through the driver properties but once I had the team created (802.3ad) and configured the two ports for aggregation (Ubiquiti US48 switch), Windows 10 indicates a 2Gbps link rate. Now to do some testing.

0 Kudos
DCol
Novice

ReelMcCoy didn't state whether he was doing teaming or VLAN or if he had two i350's or what build of Win10.

propergol had same issue as me using same controller but slow ring when I am on fast ring, so I don't think Windows is the problem.

So is it the NIC, driver, Intel software, or any combo of the three. Help Carl_Wilson !

What about the event error I stated earlier with an ANS binding issue.

0 Kudos
DMcCo3
Novice

I should have added more details. I have a dual port I350V2. I am doing teaming only. No VLAN. My Windows 10 is version 1607 build 14393.726. About as up to date as I can get it without running Insider builds.

0 Kudos
MAnde19
Beginner

Just want to throw in, I have a single on board Nic just doing VLANs, worked perfectly, even pulled in my old VLANs. Thanks to anyone reading who helped make this work again.

0 Kudos
MZies1
Beginner

New driver installed. Things seem to be very flaky. Looking forward to additional fixes and revisions in this area over the next weeks and months!

(Rest moved to .)

0 Kudos
CARL_W_Intel
Employee

OK, lets clear a few things up. Lets start with Windows Release Basics.

Windows 10 Version 1507 (build 10.0.10240), codenamed "Threshold 1"

Windows 10 Version 1511 (build 10.0.10586), codenamed "Threshold 2"

Windows 10 Anniversary Update, or Windows 10 Version 1607 (build 10.0.14393), codenamed "Redstone 1"

Windows 10 Creators Update[202] or Windows 10 Version 1703, codenamed "Redstone 2"

1) MS Windows 10 Redstone 1 is where the fix was rolled out by Microsoft was for Windows 10 Anniversary Update, or Windows 10 Version 1607 (build 10.0.14393). Versions prior to 1607 do not have the hot-fix available. Versions after 1511 are "Redstone 2" which is in Beta has not been released yet.

2) Beta releases of operating systems are not tested and validated on posted drivers on the web. If you install the v22.0.1 driver package on releases after Windows 10, version 1607 you will need to escalate any bugs directly to Microsoft.

3) All the issues I see above on these threads are related to a Beta version of Windows 10. propergol , deecol

4) Famaku , you are on Windows 10 version 10240 ("Threshold 1"). MS did not port the Hot Fix for that OS to TH1. Please upgrade to RS1

5) I don't know about this one MassimoS.. You might want to make sure that your system has all available updates from MS. If that doesn't fix the issue, then the Intel support team will need to look into it.

That's the best I can do. My recommendation is to move the request to a new thread for those systems that are RS1 that have all the correct patches installed (please verify they were successful). That way, it can be addressed as a new issue (which it will be) vs. the OS limitation that this string is about.