Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
5000 Discussions

I350 MAC to MAC and PCIE x1 to 4 SGMII ports

mihailo
Beginner

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding the Intel I350 Ethernet controller:

1. Can I establish a MAC to MAC link via SGMII without an Ethernet PHY?

2. I read in the datasheet that I can connect the I350 module to a PCIe x1 slot. I intend to use the I350 as a bridge in the following configuration: PCIe x1 on one side and 4 SGMII channels on the other. Is this feasible?

Additionally, I'm unclear about the PCIe function. I couldn't find specific information about its function.

Could you please refer me to an application note or any other resource where I can find useful information?

Best regards,
Mihailo Grahovac

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Mihailo,

Greetings!

I see that you have raised a couple of cases previously for the same issue, as given below :

1. Can I establish a MAC to MAC link via SGMII without an Ethernet PHY?
  2. I read in the datasheet that I can connect the I350 module to a PCIe x1 slot. I intend to use the I350 as a bridge in the following configuration: PCIe x1 on one side and 4 SGMII channels on the other. Is this feasible?

We shall take this query to our internal resource and keep you posted once we have an update shortly.

Appreciate your patience in this matter and apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards

Arun_Intel

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Mihailo,

Good day! Sorry for any inconvenience,

we see that you have contacted us previously, for which we had referred to contact the Intel Community which is the right team to get in touch with for this particular query.

Since your issue is related to SOM board and SGMII, and the FPGA,. we have a separate forum where you can get further assistance.

Kindly use the below link and submit your request.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Embedded-Connectivity/bd-p/embedded-networking-connectivity

Please don’t hesitate to contact us for any further assistance.

Thank you for using Intel products and services.

Best Regards,

Arun_Intel

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello,  @IntelSupport:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We need to clarify that this forum is not related to an Intel Embedded Platform.

Due to this, the customer request is out of our scope of support.

Please consider this information when you provide the previous suggestion, or transfer any forums to the channel that you mentioned in your previous communication.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos