Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network device cannot start (Code 10)

NLee7
Beginner

Dear all,

We are frequently experienced that Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network device cannot start (Code 10) on Windows Embedded XP SP3 after regular and graceful shutdown.

The issue cannot resolve via disable/re-enable, update and uninstall/reinstall driver when driver fail issue happened but NIC is working fine after restart Windows.

We tried to trace IRP via some tools and found the device failed during "IRP_MN_START_DEVICE" phase and prompt status is "Error: STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL".

Unfortunately, this error message is not helpful to us because it possible causes from many reasons.

We have tried to upgrade latest NIC driver from Intel website but problem still exist.

So hopefully someone able to advise us that issue come from hardware, operation system or NIC driver. Or you have same experienced and problem resolved then please kindly shares your suggestion.

Thanks for your help a lot.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SYeo3
Valued Contributor I

Hi NickLee,

Thank you for contacting Intel. I'll look into this and will update you if I find anything.

Sincerely,

Sandy

0 Kudos
NLee7
Beginner

Dear Sandy,

Thanks for your interest and reply.

If you need any advanced information then please advice us and we will provide anything we can do.

Thanks for your assistance and any advice suggestion will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
BSaun1
Beginner

I am on a HP 8220 elite moved to Windows 10 was fine for 2 weeks now 82579LM gets same error. Can't start 10 uninstalled reinstalled used HP driver software then intel's no luck.

0 Kudos