Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Intel® Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V - Not recognized by intel network connections

eliassal
Novice

I have Intel® Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V in Gigabyte H170M-D3H-CF motherboard. It is not recognized by intel network connections nor Intel(R) PROSet Adapter Configuration Utility.
After googling, 1st I installed yesterday PROSet 64 version 25.6, runing it it says no supported adapters were found

NoSupportedAdapter.jpg

then I found 25_6.zip at the url where it is indicated compatible with I219-V

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22283/Intel-Ethernet-Adapter-Complete-Driver-Pack

runing it gives the same exact message as the 1st config utility

I followed manual instructions to update driver (https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25016/eng/readme.htm?_ga=2.137638512.1133930388.1609602076-900195742.1609602076),

I get a message indicating that the best driver is installed

NoSupportedAdapter_Best.jpg

I visited Gigabyte support service, downloaded the most recent package at
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H170M-D3H-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-lan
it did not help neither, always the NIC is not recognized in spite of the fact the Intel Support indicates that NIC is working properly

NoSupportedAdapter_NicProp.jpg

Why I am trying to update or go through all this that is from time to time when I do right click on the ethernet connection it freezes the whole computer

So why any Intel tool is not able to discover the NIC whereas running the "Intel® Driver & Support Assistant" it find all Motherboard details NIcs, CPU .....

0 Kudos
9 Replies
eliassal
Novice

Also, I attached the report generated by 

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello eliassal,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

The driver that you are trying to install is Intel's latest generic driver for your network card. However, since you are having issues and the network card is embedded. There is a big chance that the network card has been altered by the board manufacturer. Have you tried contacting Gigabyte regarding this issue?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
thinking
Beginner

Oh, Mr. Michael L, my Intel Ethernet card of Gigabyte motherboard has the same issue. The software version is also 25.6, but back to version 25.5, there is no such issue.

0 Kudos
eliassal
Novice

Beginner, can you please tell me what is the url to download 25.5? Thanks

0 Kudos
thinking
Beginner

Mr. eliassal

This is the download link of version 25.5.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30080/Intel-Ethernet-Adapter-Complete-Driver-Pack

Please completely uninstall version 25.6 before installing.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
eliassal
Novice

Yes Sir, I opened a ticket and waiting for the response, so should I download the 25.5, if yes, should I uninstall the 25.6 before?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello eliassal,

There is a possibility that your board has not yet tested the version 25.6 or they should provide their own appropriate 25.6 driver that will work for their board since the network card is embedded .

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello eliassal,

I hope you are having a good day. I just want to check if you are now talking to the manufacturer of the board for further assistance.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello eliassal,

I am sending another follow up to check if you are already talking to the manufacturer of the board. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos