Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
5025 Discussions

Intel® Ethernet Connection I219 Series not working or showing up in CMD Window

bpatters69
Beginner

Hello,

I have the Intel® Ethernet Connection I219 Series. Here is a URL to the specifics:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/82186/intel-ethernet-connection-i219v/specifications.html

When I look in Device Manager, it appears the adapter is working. It shows up in the Network Adapter category and it says "This device is working properly" when I right click on the icon. 

The problem is it is not working. I ran the Intel Driver & Support Assitant and all drivers are up to date. The driver was created on 9/29/20 and the driver version is 12.19.0.16. 

When I run the troubleshooter, it says a cable is disconnected. I have changed the cable three times. The lights near the end of the ethernet cable that enters my machine has no blinking lights. Occasionally the lights blink if I move the cable. Same thing for the end of the cable that connects to the ethernet swtich. 

I have tried disabling and re-enabling the network card. I have tried uninstalling the driver software and reinstalling it. 

I have tried resetting the network stack by typing the following and restarting:

• netsh winsock reset
• netsh int ip reset
• ipconfig /release
• ipconfig /renew
• ipconfig /flushdns

When I run a CMD window and type ipconfig, I do not see an Ethernet #1 adapter. I do see an Ethernet #2 adapter which I assume is the Intel® Ethernet Connection I219. I am not sure why it does not show up as Ethernet #1 adapater. Maybe it doesn't matter?

My pc also has WiFi which is what I am using to connect to the Ethernet and my LAN.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Bill

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi bpatters69,

Greeting for the Day!

I hope you are doing well. Could you please share a snapshot of the defective part with the serial number visible? Additionally, could you please confirm whether it was purchased separately or shipped with an machine.

Please do not hesitate in contact us, we are more than glad to assist you.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel.

0 Kudos
bpatters69
Beginner

Thanks... The card is built on to my motherboard. You can see it on the left side in the schematic below. Since it is onboard, it shipped with the machine and it is not removeable. 

As info, I have the latest drivers and I have updated the BIOS of the Mobo to the latest version.

bpatters69_0-1713549104246.png

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi bpatters69,

Greeting for the Day!

Thank you for sharing the details. As this card was shipped with the system, we request you to please contact your OEM team to resolve this issue. Therefore, please allow us to close the case.

Note: If you purchased an OEM branded server or appliance, contact your OEM for a SW driver version that is compatible with your exact FW version. Using SW and FW versions that have not been validated to work together will affect performance, feature availability, and system stability

Please do not hesitate in contact us, we are more than glad to assist you.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel.

0 Kudos