Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V driver for WHS 2011 / Windows Server 2008 R2

MKunt
Beginner

Hi,

I tried to download "Intel Ethernet Connection CD 20.7" to install the driver on my WHS 2011 server. The installation fails with something like "Intel ethernet adapter not found". Are there no drivers for this Windows Server? The ethernet adapter is a onboard solution of a motherboard with Z170 chipset.

Thanks,

anve

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CARL_W_Intel
Employee

The Intel Ethernet Connection I219-V, I218-V, I217-V, and 82579V are considered 'client' only connections. Therefore, there is no Windows Server OS driver available for those devices. Any of the -LM variations of those controllers will support Server OSes (I219-LM, I218-LM, I217-LM, and 82579LM).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CARL_W_Intel
Employee

The Intel Ethernet Connection I219-V, I218-V, I217-V, and 82579V are considered 'client' only connections. Therefore, there is no Windows Server OS driver available for those devices. Any of the -LM variations of those controllers will support Server OSes (I219-LM, I218-LM, I217-LM, and 82579LM).

MKunt
Beginner

So there never will be 'server' drivers for this 'client' connections available? Can another driver be used? Basically the core of Windows should be the same so I don't get why Intel doesn't provide some basic drivers at least.

0 Kudos
CARL_W_Intel
Employee

This was a business decision for Intel not to add support for 'value' client SKUs which lack the normally required features for server use cases. So Intel has no plans to support Windows server OSes with the 'V' version of the SKUs.

0 Kudos