Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4914 Discussions

Intel® Ethernet Controller I210 Series

Gilbert987
Beginner

Hello Intel team, We are using Intel® Ethernet Controller I210 Series in our project. We want to build a 1000m ethernet connection between I210 and another PC. We got crossover connection between D3 and D4 pair in the layout. Our connection is shown in the picture. Is this connection can support a 1000m ethernet connection? Please kindly tell me the consequences of this design. (When we connect it to a PC with a Straight-Through Wired Cables. PC still shows we have a 1000m ethernet connection.)

Gilbert987_0-1692003807479.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Faez_Intel

Hi Gilbert987,

Good day and thank you for reaching out to the Intel Community Support.

It is recommended to use a straight through cables in your environment as straight through cables is commonly used to connect most devices.

Crossover connections are mainly use to connect on two same devices. In your case, if you are using it to connect a PC with a I210 NIC to another PC, then technically yes you should be able to make the connection. However, to achieve the speeds of 1000Mbps, please ensure the cables you are using is supported to run on those speeds.

Kindly let us know if you have any other inquiries.

Best regards,

Faez.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Faez_Intel

Hi Gilbert987,

Good day. This is a follow up on this thread.

Please kindly let us know on the requested details for us to assist you further. Do let us know as well if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Faez.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Faez_Intel

Hi Gilbert987,

Good day. Since we haven't heard from you for some time now, we will proceed with the thread closure on our end.

If you have any other questions, please reply to this community thread and we will assist you accordingly.

Thank you for choosing intel products and services.

Regards,

Faez_Intel

0 Kudos