Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4813 Discussions

Intel Ethernet product shelf life

YB
Novice

Hi,

I am looking for Intel Ethernet product shelf life, specifically of Ethernet server adapter I210-T1.

Searching through Resource Design Center, I am able to find a packaging databook document that indicate shelf life for processor which is 12 months. Is this applicable for all Intel products?

Please help to advise.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mike_Intel

Hello YB,

Thank you for patiently waiting for our update. First of all, we would like to apologize for the first document that we provide if the details are not clear. He hope you understand.

We already received the confirmation that the information found in page 81 that you provided is applicable for all products including your Ethernet server adapter I210-T1.

https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/619185?wapkw=Desiccant

If you still have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello YB,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Are you designing a system/board with embedded I210-T1?
  2. Please tell us the reason why do you need this information?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
YB
Novice

Hi,

This question is from our customer, as Gigabit CT dekstop adapter is EOLed, customer is switching to I210-T1 for their project.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello YB,

Thank you for the quick reply. Can you also share to us how the customer will implement the Ethernet card because you mentioned on you first post that you are also checking our RDC documents.

By the way, can you share the RDC document where found the initial information?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
YB
Novice

Hi,

We do not know how customer will implement the Ethernet card.

I am just checking on the RDC document to find information about the shelf life of I210-T1.

Below link is where I found shelf life for Intel CPU.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/packaging-chapter-08-databook.html?wapkw=packaging%20databook

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello YB,

We appreciate the quick reply. I will have this one checked to verify if the shelf life details in the document that you provided applies to i210-T1. Please give us 2 to 3 workings days to provide an update on this.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello YB,

Thank you for patiently waiting for our update. Please check the link below and tell us if the document is sufficient as it contains environment information.

https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/639491?explicitVersion=true

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
YB
Novice

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately I think the document is not enough as it does not indicate the shelf life.

However, I found one document that contains shelf life details on Intel product, can you help to advise is it applicable?

The info can be found in page 81.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello YB,

Thank you for the quick reply and letting us know that the document that we provided is not enough. I will have this document checked to verify if the information found on this document is applicable for your product. Please give us 2 to 3 working days to provide an update on this one.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello YB,

Thank you for patiently waiting for our update. First of all, we would like to apologize for the first document that we provide if the details are not clear. He hope you understand.

We already received the confirmation that the information found in page 81 that you provided is applicable for all products including your Ethernet server adapter I210-T1.

If you still have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
YB
Novice

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the confirmation, good to know that the info is applicable for all Intel products.

0 Kudos