Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4919 Discussions

Intel I211 Gigabit Network Network update

IIRetroManII
Novice

Hello, 

Upon installing Windows 11 I noticed my network driver was not working. Applying known troubleshooting steps I was able to manage the power/dns settings so that the adapter worked properly however this did not work. Knowing the issue was most likely an ethernet adapter update i went to your intel site to install the 'Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack." The download worked fine however it seems after update 28.3 there is no longer an autorun.exe in the zip extracted file. I was wondering if you had knowledge as to what file do i then access to install updates for i211. I read the readme file as well as the release product information however i still dont have a clue what from the package am i supposed to install. Please help as the extreme depths of files make it hard to understand what files are necessary to restore my network adapters to optimal performance.  

I have included pictures of what i have mentioned so far in the attachments to help explain what I have done to insure the ethernet is working properly. 

Thanks so much for your time and courtesy as I know explaining these answers can be taxing! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
IIRetroManII
Novice

Hello,

I finally solved the problem after much trial and error. What seems to have been the problem was indeed not the driver but the Antivirus I had called Avast One. Apparently Avast one has a known issue to look at DHCP traffic and turn it off while connected to the internet. A trouble shooting step I would encourage for future issues that customers experiencing this issue would be to check their Antivirus Software as research has found several antivirus products are the culprit for this frustating issue. I am gonna write this issue as resolved thanks very much.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
I_Nawf
Beginner
It could be under /29.0.1/PRO1000/Winx64/W11,
try with manual installation from the device manager if system could find the inf file.
0 Kudos
IIRetroManII
Novice
Thanks I_Nawf this was the kind of answer I was looking for. I have the 29.01 adapter installed the amount of files to choose from was the daunting task. I will give this a try and if this solution works get back to you with a bigger thanks. So many files in 29.01 hard to know the correct one to use!
0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi IIRetroManII,

Greetings for the day!

Thank you for reaching out. We apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced. Please find the updated driver link below. If you encounter any further issues, please let us know, and we will assist you with a clean driver installation.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15084/intel-ethernet-adapter-complete-driver-pack.html

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi IIRetroManII,

Greetings for the day!

This is the first follow-up regarding the issue (Intel I211 Gigabit Network Network update) you reported to us.

We wanted to inquire whether you had the opportunity to review the plan of action (POA) we provided.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
IIRetroManII
Novice

Hello Azeem_intel,

Just read your replies today and will give them a try. Thanks for the speedy response time, means alot to me. Ill give it a try and post a response tommorow how everything is looking.

0 Kudos
IIRetroManII
Novice

Good morning,

Here is my update after installing the 29.01/PRO1000/Winx64/w11 update driver.  Im not sure if the driver worked as the driver information seems correct with Driver date and version being 11/24/2023 and 14.0.2.0 however internet still fails to work on the device. Utilizing multiple ethernet cables I am unsure what can be the cause of my issue. I imagine there must just be something physically wrong with my adapter. I will give my ISP a call and see what can be resolved as it may be a issue with the router.

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi IIRetroManII,

Greetings for the day!

Thank you for your response. Can we proceed with a clean driver installation? If you agree, you can follow the instructions below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058304/ethernet-products.html

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi IIRetroManII,

Greetings for the day!

This is the first follow-up regarding the issue (Intel I211 Gigabit Network Network update) you reported to us.

We wanted to inquire whether you had the opportunity to review the plan of action (POA) we provided.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi IIRetroManII,

Greetings for the day!

This is the second follow-up regarding the reported issue. We're eager to ensure a swift resolution and would appreciate any updates or additional information you can provide.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi IIRetroManII,

Greetings for the day!

This is the third follow-up regarding the reported issue. We're committed to ensuring a swift resolution and would greatly appreciate any updates or additional information you can provide.

If we don't hear back from you soon, we'll assume the issue has been resolved and will proceed to close the case

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
IIRetroManII
Novice

Hello,

The issue still has not been resolved I called my ISP tried changing the router and the issue still persists! I found a thread similiar to the issue i am having in 2023.   

https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/Intel-I211-Gigabit-Network-Connection-Network-link-is/m-p/1475426

Apparently there is something quite wrong with the I211 and windows 11 compatibility as it can not have PROSET. Although updated 29.01 update has a driver for Windows 11 issues still remain. According to the thread above it seems like the customer with the problem had to configure settings so that the driver can work. I am not sure if the I211-AT and I211 are the same but the driver will disconnect on its own no matter if you have installed the latest driver or have turned off advanced settings to prevent this issue. My online research seems to point to the issue either being a problem with PROSET and Windows 11 or the I211 compatibility with new driver updates. I am unsure what to do but it seems I may have to buy a new product if the ethernet indefinitely does not work. Would love to know your input on a solution but at this point I have given up on all trouble shooting steps.

In the provided intel thread above the user seems to have found the problem lied withing the power management settings and the speed duplex settings. Although i have successfully installed the new driver it seems it still has kinks to work out with older i211 drivers.

0 Kudos
IIRetroManII
Novice

To give a full understanding of what my I211 Confuguration settings are on my I211(R) Gigabit Network Connection #2 driver they are as follows

Power Management

Allow the Computer to turn off this device to save power (off)

Allow this device to wake the computer (off)

Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer (off)

Advanced

Adaptive Inter-frame spacing (disabled)

ARP offload (disabled)

Flow Control (RX and TX enabled)

Gigabit Master Slave Mode (Auto Detect)

Interrupt Moderation (enabled)

Interrupt Moderation Rate (adaptive)

IPv4 Checksum Offload (Disabled)

Jumbo Packet (Disabled)

Large Send Offload V2 (IPv4) (Disabled)

Large Send Offload v2 (IPv6) (Disabled)

Locally Administed Address (Not Present)

Log Link State Event (Enabled)

Maximum Number of RSS Queries (2) ....this is my max

No Description (Disabled)

No Description (no value to insert)

No Description (Disabled)

NS Offload (Disabled)

Packet Priority and VLAN (Packet Priority and VLAN Enabled)

Recieve Buffers (2048) this is my max

Recieve Side Scaling (Enabled)

Reduce Speed on Power Down (Disabled)

Speed and Duplex (1.0 Gbps Full Duplex)

TCP Checksum offload (IPv4) (Disabled)

TCP Checksum offload (IPv6) (Disabled

Transmit Buffers (2048) This is my max

UDP Checksum offload (IPv4) (Disabled)

UDP Checksum offload (IPv6) (Disabled)

I have tried 2 different versions of Driver 

Driver version 1 (old version of Driver): 

Driver Provider: Microsoft 

Driver Date: 6/24/2021

Driver Version: 12.19.1.32

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

Driver version 2 (from 29.1)

Driver Provider: Intel

Driver Date: 2/8/2024

Driver Version: 14.0.5.0

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

The issue remains that no matter what version used the Internet will work only shortly after the computer is turned on and after a 30 second or 20 minute period the driver will disconnect from the internet. I may have to make a video explaining my problems more in depth on Youtube as I believe this is truly a driver/OS issue and more people are having this issue. Please also read the setup file in 29.1 PROSET1000 as it would make it seem as if the driver is compatible with w11 however issues continue to persist.

0 Kudos
IIRetroManII
Novice

Hello,

I finally solved the problem after much trial and error. What seems to have been the problem was indeed not the driver but the Antivirus I had called Avast One. Apparently Avast one has a known issue to look at DHCP traffic and turn it off while connected to the internet. A trouble shooting step I would encourage for future issues that customers experiencing this issue would be to check their Antivirus Software as research has found several antivirus products are the culprit for this frustating issue. I am gonna write this issue as resolved thanks very much.

0 Kudos