Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4901 Discussions

Intel I211 Gigabit Network Network update

IIRetroManII
Beginner

Hello, 

Upon installing Windows 11 I noticed my network driver was not working. Applying known troubleshooting steps I was able to manage the power/dns settings so that the adapter worked properly however this did not work. Knowing the issue was most likely an ethernet adapter update i went to your intel site to install the 'Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack." The download worked fine however it seems after update 28.3 there is no longer an autorun.exe in the zip extracted file. I was wondering if you had knowledge as to what file do i then access to install updates for i211. I read the readme file as well as the release product information however i still dont have a clue what from the package am i supposed to install. Please help as the extreme depths of files make it hard to understand what files are necessary to restore my network adapters to optimal performance.  

I have included pictures of what i have mentioned so far in the attachments to help explain what I have done to insure the ethernet is working properly. 

Thanks so much for your time and courtesy as I know explaining these answers can be taxing! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
I_Nawf
Beginner
It could be under /29.0.1/PRO1000/Winx64/W11,
try with manual installation from the device manager if system could find the inf file.
0 Kudos
IIRetroManII
Beginner
Thanks I_Nawf this was the kind of answer I was looking for. I have the 29.01 adapter installed the amount of files to choose from was the daunting task. I will give this a try and if this solution works get back to you with a bigger thanks. So many files in 29.01 hard to know the correct one to use!
0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi IIRetroManII,

Greetings for the day!

Thank you for reaching out. We apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced. Please find the updated driver link below. If you encounter any further issues, please let us know, and we will assist you with a clean driver installation.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15084/intel-ethernet-adapter-complete-driver-pack.html

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi IIRetroManII,

Greetings for the day!

This is the first follow-up regarding the issue (Intel I211 Gigabit Network Network update) you reported to us.

We wanted to inquire whether you had the opportunity to review the plan of action (POA) we provided.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
IIRetroManII
Beginner

Hello Azeem_intel,

Just read your replies today and will give them a try. Thanks for the speedy response time, means alot to me. Ill give it a try and post a response tommorow how everything is looking.

0 Kudos
IIRetroManII
Beginner

Good morning,

Here is my update after installing the 29.01/PRO1000/Winx64/w11 update driver.  Im not sure if the driver worked as the driver information seems correct with Driver date and version being 11/24/2023 and 14.0.2.0 however internet still fails to work on the device. Utilizing multiple ethernet cables I am unsure what can be the cause of my issue. I imagine there must just be something physically wrong with my adapter. I will give my ISP a call and see what can be resolved as it may be a issue with the router.

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi IIRetroManII,

Greetings for the day!

Thank you for your response. Can we proceed with a clean driver installation? If you agree, you can follow the instructions below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058304/ethernet-products.html

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi IIRetroManII,

Greetings for the day!

This is the first follow-up regarding the issue (Intel I211 Gigabit Network Network update) you reported to us.

We wanted to inquire whether you had the opportunity to review the plan of action (POA) we provided.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos
Azeem_Intel
Employee

Hi IIRetroManII,

Greetings for the day!

This is the second follow-up regarding the reported issue. We're eager to ensure a swift resolution and would appreciate any updates or additional information you can provide.

Best Regards,

Azeem_Intel

0 Kudos