Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
5100 Discussions

Intel I226-V Ethernet Controller: Glitchy Connection

SumDum
Beginner

I have the Asus B760-i gaming wifi that has the Intell I226-V controller with the driver version 2.1.3.3 

Looking at the forums there seem to be major problems with this ethernet controller with the latest driver being 6 months ago with still the same problems. 

My scenario does seem a bit different, however. I am able to connect to the ethernet and get a 1Gbps download, but my upload is just nonexistent. At the most, it would be 5Mbps which is just ridiculous. 

I don't know if it has to do with my internet provider which is Verizon, but from the looks of it, it does seem like this controller is much the problem.

Lastly, like everyone I also do get the on and off connections where it is "connected" but I get no internet and can't even load a simple web page.

Is there a temporary solution cause from the looks of it drivers don't seem it will come out anytime soon.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Sazirah
Employee

Hi SumDum,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

Regarding your enquiry about your Intel i226-V Ethernet Controller connection issue, appreciate if you can give us some time to check on this from our end. We will revert back here with the next step of solution.

Best Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos
Sazirah
Employee

Hi SumDum,

Good day.

My apologies for taking some time to find solution for your issue.

Regarding this issue, understand that you have updated it to 2.1.3.3 version. However, we would advise you to try to update the driver via Intel Ethernet Adapter Complete Pack for 28.2.1 version. You may follow steps below:

-Download the driver update in link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15084/intel-ethernet-adapter-complete-driver-pack.html

-Recommended to update it via device manager instead of exe.file.

Open zip file you downloaded above, follow steps below:

File Release 28.2.1->PRO2500->Winx64->choose NDIS68 (for Win10,Win11 & WS22) or Win11 for NetAdapterCx driver (Windows 11)

Appreciate if you can help in giving this a try and let us know the outcome for us to check the next solution for your issue.

Best Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos
SumDum
Beginner

Hello and thank you for the constant update. However, the problem remains the same. With on and off the internet and if there is internet download is 1 Gbps but upload is basically non-existent. 

0 Kudos
Sazirah
Employee

Hi SumDum,

Thank you for your assistance in troubleshooting this issue. Since the issue still persists, I will check with our internal team for the next solution, please give us some time to check on this and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos
Sazirah
Employee

Hi SumDum,

Good day.

As checking with my higher level, since you have completed driver pack update, the best effort that we can advise you is to refer you back to OEM Asus to assist you further. Asus will be able to assist you in this issue as they designed the firmware for the controller differently and may have suitable firmware or nvm update for your ethernet controller.

We apologies as we only able to help with best effort assistance for your issue and appreciate your cooperation and understanding on this.

Thank you 

Best Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos
Sazirah
Employee

Hi SumDum,

Good day,

This is related to your enquiries above, I would like to check if the issue has resolved?

If you have any questions or clarifications, please let me know.

Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos
Sazirah
Employee

Hi SumDum,

Good day,

I would like to follow up if you have any questions or clarifications regarding this case.

Feel free to contact us should you need any further assistance, and we will be more than glad to continue assisting you.

Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos
Sazirah
Employee

Hi SumDum,

Good day.

This is regarding your enquiries above. Since we have not seen an update, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best Regards,

Sazzy_Intel

0 Kudos