I have a poweredge 2950 with onboard broadcom nics and a dualport intel pro/1000 PT adapter.
When i right double click the broadcom nic from devicemanager i get the "advanced" tab where i can configure things like jumbo frames.
But when i click the intel adapter i dont get any proset tabs so i can configure jumbo frames.
The strange thing is, after a install the first time i double click the windows appears and closes right away.
I have tried to install the drive with dxsetup.exe
- Jumbo frames are configured in the Advanced tab, not in the additional tabs added by Intel(R) PROSet.
- If you are using Windows Server 2008, the property is labeled Jumbo Packet.
Missing or Disappearing Intel PROSet Tabs
Here are some hints that you might find useful concerning the disappearing or missing tabs
- From the User Guide: "You must have administrator rights to install or use Intel PROSet for Windows Device Manager."
- Uninstall PROSet, then download and install the latest driver and software package from http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=2249 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=2249
You might also check these two articles:
- http://www.intel.com/support/network/sb/CS-020087.htm There Are No Extra Configuration Tabs in Device Manager After a Driver Update
- http://www.intel.com/support/network/sb/CS-020166.htm Intel® PROSet for Device Manager tabs are not visible through terminal services
I hope this answer was helpful to you.