Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4931 Discussions

Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection

Jadey
Novice

Hi,

Can anyone please help direct me to the correct download (for Windows) and instructions to fix missing Network Adapter for Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection?

Driver Date: 29/02/2012
Driver Version: 12.0.150.0

The device cannot start. (Code 10).

{Operation Failed}

The requested operation was unsuccessful.

Just trying to revive my old (outdated) gaming pc. New HDD installed with Windows(R) 8 ENG INTL FOR OEM SOFTWARE setup. Just need to fix missing driver errors so I can access the internet.

Note: I have a Wi-Fi card installed which is connecting to Wi-Fi, however no internet.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Jadey
Novice

Update: I managed to update the version to 12.15.31.4 and even that is showing the same device status code, however I appear to be able to access the Internet so I am happy about that. Could have been related to issues with the PCI Simple Communications Controller which I think is now resolved or no longer showing. Now in the process of updating and trying to see if I can do a free upgrade to Windows.

0 Kudos
Pintu
Employee

Hi Jadey,

Greetings for the day!

As per this case, we are actively working on this case, and we will provide you with an update as soon as we can. We kindly request your cooperation during this time.

Thank you for using Intel products and services.

Regards,

Manoranjan Das.

0 Kudos
Louis205
Beginner
J'ai PB similaire avec 82579 LM Gigabit ; le périphérique ne peut démarrer code 10
Pilote e1i65x64.sys version 12.17.10.8 du 12/06/2018
Thank you for help.
0 Kudos
Pintu
Employee

Hello Jadey,

Greetings for the day!

Kindly help with the below steps to progress further.

1. Are you using an Intel motherboard with the 82579 LM Gigabit Ethernet controller?

2. What is the version of the e1i65x64.sys driver you're currently using?

3. Could you provide details about your system, such as the operating system version, any recent updates, or changes made to hardware or software configurations?

4. Did this problem with the "code 10" error occur after any specific changes or updates to your system, such as driver updates, Windows updates, or hardware installations?

Thank you for choosing Intel products and services.

Regards,

Manoranjan.

0 Kudos
Louis205
Beginner

motherboard Dell model: OGJF11.

e165x64 rev 12.17.10.8 the 12/06/2018.

Windows 10 regularly updated, factory standard configuration without any changes Dell Latitude E6320

the 10 Code is fixed .

0 Kudos
Pintu
Employee

Hello Jadey,

Greetings for the day!

Kindly help with the below steps to resolve the error 10 issue.

A. Update Network Adapter Driver: Visit Dell's support website and download the latest version of the network adapter driver for your Dell Latitude E6320. Install the driver and see if it resolves the "Code 10" error.

B. Roll Back Driver: If you recently updated the network adapter driver and started experiencing the issue, try rolling back to the previous version of the driver. Sometimes, updates can introduce compatibility issues.

C. Check Device Manager: Open Device Manager, locate the network adapter device, and check if there are any warning symbols (like an exclamation mark) next to it. This can indicate driver issues. Right-click on the device, select "Properties," and navigate to the "Driver" tab to see if there are any error messages.

D. Disable and Re-enable Device: In Device Manager, try disabling the network adapter device, wait a few seconds, and then re-enable it. This can sometimes reset the device and resolve temporary issues.

E. Scan for Hardware Changes: In Device Manager, click on the "Action" menu and select "Scan for hardware changes." This can prompt Windows to detect and reinstall the network adapter driver.

F. Check for Windows Updates: Ensure that your Windows 10 operating system is fully updated by checking for and installing any available updates. Sometimes, Microsoft releases driver updates through Windows Update

G. System Restore: If the issue started recently after a system change or update, consider using System Restore to revert your system to a previous state before the problem occurred.

H. Contact Dell Support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, consider contacting Dell's technical support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or determine if there's a hardware problem with your laptop.

Please follow the above steps and share the status.

Regards,

Manoranjan.

0 Kudos
Pintu
Employee

Hello Jadey,,

Greeting for the Day!

We are currently awaiting your response regarding the case. If you have any queries or require further assistance, please feel free to respond on the community post. We are more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Manoranjan Das.

0 Kudos
Louis205
Beginner
Merci pour votre aide, J'ai en effet, exécuté les points demandés, hormis l'appel au soutient Dell, sans résultats positifs, malheureusement.
Cordialement
Loiid
0 Kudos
Pintu
Employee

Hello Jadey,

Greeting for the Day!

As per this case, kindly confirm this Ethernet is embedded or you manually installed it in this system.

Regards,

Manoranjan Das.

0 Kudos
Louis205
Beginner
Internet est intégré dans windows 10, le système d'exploitation standard.
0 Kudos
Louis205
Beginner
J'ai eu le support Dell, le PCI express présente un défaut hard, cela expliquerais le PB wifi, merci beaucoup de votre temps passe et de vote aide.
0 Kudos
Irwan_Intel

Hello Louis205 & Jadey

Thanks for the update. We will go ahead and marked this thread as closed if there's no further concerns.

Regards,

Irwan_Intel

0 Kudos
Jadey
Novice
Hi,

I posted an update on the 26th of April. Sorry I haven’t been keeping up with the posts since someone else has been sorting their issue with support instead. The warning is still there but like I said I managed to somehow update the driver to a different version and current version of Windows for my licence is 8.1. For now since the internet is working, probably no need for me to troubleshoot any further. As long as it appears to work I will just ignore the warning.

Kind Regards

Jade
0 Kudos