Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4967 Discussions

Intel(r) Ethernet controller (3) I225-V and ethernet not working

Tyler6
Beginner

So I had recently built a new pc and once I got it all setup with installing all the drivers and such, I go plug in the ethernet cord and there is no connection. I go to the device manager and it says that Intel(r) Ethernet controller (3) I225-V is working properly but in events it says *attached file*. I really have no clue how to fix this issue. Please feel free to ask any further questions and I can try to answer them tot he best of my ability.

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Dominiek
Beginner

Hi,

As replied here above, the real issue is that both Intel and MSI provide, in their latest versions of the drivers for this NIC, a driver that is signed. But is signed with an expired certificate. Windows refuses to work with this driver.

The solution  is to get  an older, but signed with a still valid vertificate, driver for this NIC, from MS.

The solution?

• I deleted the ethernet device in the windows device manager.
  • rebooted my Win machine
  • Made sure that I was running over my WIFI.
  • I forced a windows update.
  • Windows update told me that there was a driver missing for the NIC
  • Installed that driver, through Win update and everything was OK.
    The driver details are driver provider Intel; Driver date; 23/11/2022 (which is pretty old); driver version 22.190.0.4; driver signer MS.
    It looks like MS does a far better job in main their certificates than MSI and Intel. Cudos for MS.

Note: do not use the the MSI Driver Utility Installer. Nor the Intel driver kit. It will install a badly signed version of this driver.

Note: I raised a ticked for this issue both at MSI and Intel and got pointed to the '' here are the latest drivers links".

0 Kudos
Adbaman
Beginner

Having this same issue with the msi pro z790-p ddr4 motherboard, ethernet port is acting like its non functional, drivers installed correctly from msi's drivers website along with windows update and even intels lan drivers. Nothing works, how do I get my ethernet to work?? 

Wifi is working fine just the ethernet port is acting like it doesnt exist....

0 Kudos
Dominiek
Beginner

Hi,

ethernet port is acting like its non functional,

• drivers installed correctly from msi's drivers website along with windows update (.msi drivers won't work, been there) and
  • even intels lan drivers. (Intel's and MSI's drivers are refused by Windows as they are seen as outdated by Windows.) 

Nothing works, how do I get my ethernet to work?? 

You are missing a few steps.

• deleted the ethernet device in the windows device manager.
  • rebooted the Win machine
  • Made sure that you are running over WIFI only.
  • force a windows update (not a driver update only),
  • Windows update tells you that there is a driver missing for the NIC
  • Installed this driver, through Win the update utility and hope for better.

Note: The driver details are  provide by 

• Intel; Driver date; 23/11/2022 (which is pretty old);
  • MS driver version 22.190.0.4;

Note: do not use the the MSI Driver Utility Installer. Nor the Intel driver kit. It will install a badly signed version of this driver.

Have a nice day,

-dc

0 Kudos