Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4894 Discussions

Killer E2400 Gigabit Controller --- Will download Data, but stopped uploading Data

MarkHarmon
Beginner

I have a Killer E2400 Gigabit Ehternet Controller

With the Killer Suite version 3.1322.1109.0

The controller has always worked great, but now during the last week it has stopped uploading any data, or very little.

I have rolled back all windows updates

I have re-set my Bios

I have deleted the hardware and software, then reloaded.

I tested the cable by plugging it into my Laptop, and the data works great in both directions.

I put my Windows 10 PC in safe mode, and THEN the controller works perfectly -- but not in the regular run mode.  

I have run the Dell suite to latest drivers, and troubleshooting software.

Device manager says controller working normally.

I went into the Killer suite, and tried the configure the adapter manually, and it shows .1 upload speed where it should be 150.

I don't have any training, but I think I know this  is a configuration issue, and have tried all that I know.   If any of you have had this problem, I would appreciate some suggestions, or fix procedure.  

Thank you !

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MarkHarmon
Beginner
I was able to figure out the problem. I went into the services dialog — found the useless Killer network suite— right clicked — and disabled the suite from running — forcing the controller to work only on the driver ! Now the Ethernet uploads data as much as fast as my service will allow and downloads as well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MarkHarmon
Beginner
I was able to figure out the problem. I went into the services dialog — found the useless Killer network suite— right clicked — and disabled the suite from running — forcing the controller to work only on the driver ! Now the Ethernet uploads data as much as fast as my service will allow and downloads as well.
0 Kudos
Heyix
Beginner

Got nearly the same problem on my Dell XPS 8930 due to the last NW-update in Feb 2023. Disabled the running KillerNetworkService.exe in taskmanager, then I get full (upload)speed on ethernet again. Only problem: After restart it's running again (so always manually switching it off :-/). Not really a solution, but anyway a workaround for a problem we never wanted to have.
(btw. Intel says that the E2400 is now on "community support" - nice word creation - so stay brave...) 

0 Kudos
Tony_D
Beginner

I have the same issue with my XPS 8930 w/2400.  What I found was that the "Prioritization Engine" switch in the Killer Intelligence Center was on and this messes with the upload speeds.  When I turned it off, my upload speeds returned to normal.  Unfortunately, Killer repeatedly resets the PE to being on after about two minutes.  So, I uninstalled the "Killer Intelligence Center" app and did a reinstall using this link to get a newer version:

Killer Control Center Application 3.1121.1109.2, A05

This newer version has the same issue when the Prioritization is on, but when I turn it off, it stays off.  Seems to be a bug, but I don't care about prioritization as long as I have good speeds.

V/R,

Tony D.

0 Kudos
Tony_D
Beginner

This is the easiest solution that I have found:

1) Go to the windows apps (Windows + I).  Uninstall all Killer apps except "Killer Performance Driver Suite UWD".  Leave this one alone, uninstall all other Killer apps.  After each uninstall, it will ask you if you want to restart your computer.  You do not need to restart until you have removed the Killer apps.

2) After restart, type services in the task bar search window.  This will pop up the Services window.

3) Scroll down until you see the "Killer" services.

4) Right click on the first Killer service and select Properties.  In the "Startup Type" window, change "Automatic" to  "Manual".  Repeat this for all other Killer services.

5) When all Killer services are set to Manual, restart your computer.  Upload speed should now be back to normal.   You can check speeds here:

https://www.highspeedinternet.com/tools/speed-test/verizon

6) BTW, leaving the Killer Performance Driver Suite UWD app installed will prevent Intel from forcing a stealth reinstall of the drivers which causes the speed problem to reoccur.  I have found this happens after a day or two in other methods of "fixing" this problem that I have tried.  The above method has worked for me for over a month without the speed problem reoccurring.

0 Kudos
DMI_SWFL
Beginner
Hello, thank you for the detailed information regarding the killer 2400 adapter. Do the solutions above address not being able to have gigabit speed as an option in the driver ? I have a Dell 8930 and Windows 11 the driver version for the Ethernet controller is 9.0.0.50 I cannot find anyway to update it. Under the advanced tab speed & duplex there is no 1gb. I can only get 100mbps with a wired Ethernet connection. Any help appreciated.
0 Kudos
Tony_D
Beginner

Go to:

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

1) Click on "Change Adapter Options"

2) Click on "Ethernet".  What is the "Speed" shown here?  Should be 1.0 Gbps.  If so, then your Ethernet Controller is set for maximum speed and the problem lies elsewhere.

0 Kudos