Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4899 Discussions

Killer E2500 limits Internet speed

L4nz3lot
Beginner

Hey all,

I use the Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet Controller on a Windows 10 System

About my problem: For a few days my download speed has been limited to about 1/4 of the actual download speed. All devices on my network have the desired speed of about 40 MBps and my PC is only at 10 MBps. I also once created a hotspot with my cell phone, which offers an even better connection, and again the speed of my PC was throttled to 10 MBps.

I also ran different types of speed tests, the speed test in the Killer Intelligence Center f.e. showed the desired 40 MBps but some other didn't, but testing it with any type of download f.e. steam or youtube videos the 40 MBps didn't arrive.I also checked the bandwidth limiter in the Killer Intelligence Center which also caused frequent problems for other users, but neither deinstalling the program nor changing the options within the program helped.

I've also tried various things like doing a clean boot, reinstalling network adapters, resetting network adapter options, or changing various options in the adapter that could cause problems. I have also already checked the router to see whether it is specifically throttling my PC, which it is not doing, but by switching to my hotspot network this problem should not have existed if this had been the case.

Unfortunately, since I'm at my wit's end now and I have no idea where exactly the problem lies, I thought it would be a good idea to ask here first. If you guys need any extra information I will provide them.

I'm sorry if my english isn't that good because it isn't my main language.

Best regards
L4nz3lot

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
B_Y
Employee

Hi L4nz3lot,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

The reason why the Intel Killer Performance Suite latest driver version is causing an issue on system, that is because the Intel® Killer Performance Suite includes drivers which do not support the Legacy Intel® Killer™ Wireless and Ethernet products from the list below:

• Killer Wireless-AC 1435
  • Killer Wireless-AC 1525
  • Killer Wireless-AC 1535
  • Killer E2200
  • Killer E2400
  • Killer E2500

But the Killer Networking Software, which is also included in the Intel® Killer Performance Suite, can be installed on the systems with Legacy Intel® Killer™ Wireless and Ethernet products which includes your Intel Killer E2500 Ethernet adapter.

Unfortunately, the discontinuance of the interactive technical support for Killer E2500 Ethernet adapter

Please be informed that it will not update the drivers for older adapters just like Killer E2500 Ethernet that is why from the download page of the Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite, at the "Note" section, it says the following:

• This Software Release version does not include new drivers for the Killer E2200, Killer E2400, Killer, E2500, Killer 1525 Wireless, Killer 1535 Wireless, Killer 1435 Wireless, or the Killer AX500 Wireless adapters, but the Killer Networking Software can be installed on the systems with the above adapters.

It is only the Killer Networking Software that will be installed and not the other drivers that comes with the Intel Killer Performance Suite that can help for your system to work better when it comes to internet connection and playing games experience.

- This article is for your reference: Customer Support Options for Discontinued Intel® Killer™ Wireless and Intel® Killer™ Ethernet Products

This article: Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite for your reference to restore with E2500's previous driver.

The reason why the upload speed is choking, that is because the adapter is already discontinued and does not support the latest drivers of the Intel Killer Performance Suite.

What we recommend is to not install the Intel® Killer™ Performance Suite if the issue keeps on coming back as you have it installed.

Please let us know if your killer version is not E2500. Thank you.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
ajdal2023
Beginner

I have a Dell XPS 8940 with E2600 I having the same problems noticed internet was slow uploads in Xfinity speed page an error or extremely slow IPV6 only. I updated may 9th to your latest drivers did not realize at first I have a IT tech for 30 years I have been figure it out but I uninstall your new suite speed is normal or I stop your network driver this is using the Ethernet port Wifi does seem to be effected. 

Andrew

0 Kudos
B_Y
Employee

Hi L4nz3lot,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending a follow up if you have any questions from the previous post. If so, please let us know.

In case we do not hear from you, I will make a follow up on May 3rd 2023 . Thank you.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
B_Y
Employee

Hi L4nz3lot,

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos