Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4996 Discussions

Manage E810 controller settings via the I2C/SMBus interface to the E810

InAhurry0ne
Beginner

I have an Intel E810-CQDA1 NIC product.  We are going to design and build our own PCB putting the E810 controller on-board our PCB which will not be a simple NIC.  I am currently trying to evaluate what kind of configuration changes I can make to the E810 aboard the E810-CQDA1 over the E810s I2C/SMBus interface.   I have connected an I2C interface on an ARM based SBC to the I2C/SMBus pins on the E810-CQDA1 NIC that lead to the E810 controller and I see activity on this interface.   The SBC is to simulate the BMC for our PCB.  I have run a scan of all valid I2C addresses on the I2C bus going to the E810. I see addresses 0x, 0x32, 0x50, 0x61 as valid addresses.  Question is what are the 0x32, 0x50, and 0x61 addresses for on the E810 and what configuration changes can I make to the E810 Controller using those addresses? 

I have read the datasheet for the E810 controller and do not see anything about these addresses or use.  According to the datasheet, the E810 controller interfaces to SFPs and QSFPs at addresses 0xA0 and 0xA1 over the I2C/SMBus interface but in this case, I am not interested in managing the SFPs and QSFPs, I am only interested in managing the E810 controller itself from my BMC over the  I2C/SMBus interface to the E810 controller.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Simon-Intel
Employee

Hi InAhurry0ne,

Good day!

Since your query relates to designing and building your own PCB, we have a separate forum where you can get further assistance.

Kindly use the following link to submit your request: Intel Embedded Connectivity Forum

Thank you for using Intel products and services.

Regards,

Simon

0 Kudos