Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4875 Discussions

Missing options in network properties menu

Bobknob
Beginner

The network driver that comes with Windows is missing some options. Instead of the actual option name, it says "No description" and the checkbox is either enable/disable or blank. Is this possible to fix?

If I install the latest driver (27.6.), it otherwise works normally, but Jumbo frames cannot be disabled. The only option is to give MTU value starting at 1512. This causes packet loss and can increase the bufferbloat even up to 200 ms. MTU 1500 works without problems.

Off topic questions: Should the Network adapter be set as line based or msi? How about interrupt priority? Undefined, low, normal or high? Currently it's msi and Undefined (default).

----------------

Windows 11 Home (always uptodate)
The driver version that comes with Windows 11: 22.80.0.4
Network adapter: Integrated Intel I211-AT
Mobo: MSI MPG X570
The latest driver the manufacturer offers is the driver version 26.2.0.1. This driver seems causing unstable connection and lag in games.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Bobknob,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Is it working fine before or you just have this problem when you installed Windows 11?
  2. Did you try other driver version?
  3. Can you tell us what is the end goal?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Bobknob
Beginner

For as long as I can remember, the Intel drivers that come with Windows 10 and 11 have had a few options unavailable, "No description". This driver seems working otherwise quite well, at least I have noticed less connection problems. The version provided by MSI shows all options correctly, but for some reason the driver doesn't work well especially in online games.

I have tried a few versions that I have downloaded from Intel, but they have the problem of Jumbo Frames, which cannot be disabled. The only option is to select a value and the minimum is 1514. This causes 5-10% packet loss according to tests.

I don't understand the last question. English isn't my native language.

EDIT:

-The versions 26.0-26.7 installing correctly, all network property options are available.

-Can't install the versions 26.8, 27.0, and 27.1: "No Intel network connection found on this computer"

-From the version 27.2 to 27.6 Jumbo Frames can't be disabled. These drivers aren't suitable for me.

The version that comes with Windows is working perfecly on my PC so I wish I could get it with all options available.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Bobknob,

Thank you for the quick reply. Base on your last reply, you already tested our latest generic driver version 27.7 which can be downloaded from this link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15084/intel-ethernet-adapter-complete-driver-pack.html?wapkw=%20I211-AT

Since you already tried our driver, it is best to contact MSI now. Onboard network cards are considered OEM units and OEM manufacturers may have altered them. So the OEM manufacturer should have custom firmware, driver and software to enable the features of the unit.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Bobknob,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just sending a soft follow up hoping that you are now trying to contact MSI for further assistance. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Bobknob,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending another follow up hoping that you are now coordinating the issue with MSI. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Jay_S_1
Beginner

Hi Mike L,

I'm also not finding the ability to disable jumbo frames entirely in driver version 28.0, under the advanced settings tab.  That field used to have a "disabled" setting in addition to setting the maximum jumbo frame size. It used to have a couple set sizes that could be picked, but now can be set arbitrarily to whatever number of bytes is desired. But the disabled option is gone, and it cannot be set to the "non-jumbo" packet size of 1500 bytes.  The lowest it goes is 1514 bytes, and when I use that setting the driver performance is poor.

Is this done some other way now, as it seems crazy that it cannot be disabled.

Jay

0 Kudos