Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4791 Discussions

NIC names empty

AChel1
Beginner

Hi!

I try create team on my NIC cards.

One server i set up successful, but 2nd server show me BSOD and teamng menu looks here:

82576 card on board, 2 connections

pro/1000 is pci-e

How i can assign names back?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AChel1
Beginner

;One server i set up successful, but 2nd server show me BSOD and teamng menu looks here:

read as: One server i set up successful, but 2nd server show me BSOD where i click "Finish" and teamng menu looks here:

BSOD was in apply process.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi AntonCheloshkin,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. Please provide additional information below:

1) What is the operating system used?

2) What is the PROSet software version you installed to configure the teaming?

3) Have you tried un-install and re-install the PROSet software?

4) Is the first server that was configured successfully using the same onboard NIC and PT dual Port adapter for teaming?

Please feel free to update me.

Thanks,

Sharon

0 Kudos
AChel1
Beginner

Hi, Sharon!

Thanks for reply!

I get issue on win server 2008R2 and latest version ANS

now is win server 2012 and latest ANS

yes, both servers has same hardware

when the server showed the BSOD on win server 2008R2, after the boot both NICs continued to ping, but stopped running under any user, the network folders did not work.

The remote screen was working, but there was no desktop.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi AntonChelsohkin,

Thank you for the reply. Please confirm if this is the PROSet version you downloaded.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18725/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-Server-2008-R2-?product=32261

Just to double check if you have tried un-installing and re-installing the PROSet software.

Can you help clarify what do you mean now is Windows 2012 and latest ANS, are you getting the same issue if using Windows 2012?

Regards,

sharon

0 Kudos
AChel1
Beginner

Hi, Sharon!

Yes, i confirm latest version.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18725/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-Server-2008-R2-?product=32261 Download Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows Server 2008 R2* https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18725/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-Server-2008-R2-%3Fproduct%3D32261

now, is installed windows server 2012, old installed OS not working and i fix it in fastest time, it`s production server.

now, installed

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23073/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-Server-2012-R2- Download Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows Server 2012 R2*

i attached screenshot from new OS.

0 Kudos
AChel1
Beginner

i think, firmware update/reset to factory defaults needed in my case?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi AntonCheloshkin,

Thank you for the information. But I cannot find the attached screenshot.

What is the brand and model of your board? As 82576 is an onboard NIC, can you try contacting your board vendor to check on the hardware aspect. Is 82576 properly display under the device manager?

Thanks,

Sharon

0 Kudos
AChel1
Beginner

Can u see this image?

This image contains very important information about this issue.

Also, i attached it to message.

board is X8DTH.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi AntonChelsoshkin,

Thank you for the information, I can see the image. Based on the board model, you are using a Supermicro system, http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/QPI/5500/X8DTH-iF.cfm.

Have you tried contacting Supermicro* for support?

Thanks,

Sharon

0 Kudos
AChel1
Beginner

Hi, Sharon!

No, i`m not. It`s Intel chipset, i think.

I still abstain from doing something myself.

I can update Pro/1000 PT bootloader, but 82576 havent update opton.

I'm waiting for an expert assessment of the situation

this situation does not depend on the software, it's a hardware problem, as I can see.

new OS not affect both NIC`s

As i can see, pronlems with both NIC`s are same.

I'm waiting for advice on diagnosis.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi AntonChelsonhkin,

Thank you for the reply. I am referring your are using a Supermicro* system, 82576 is the Intel ethernet controller integrated on Supermicro* as OEM onboard NIC. It is recommended to contact the board vendor if you want to check the hardware since the etherne controller is integrated on the board.

Have you try checking is there any difference between the two servers? You mentioned the other server with the same hardware and setup works fine. e.g. Windows updates or any software installed which might be different.

Have you tried checking withe Supermicro* if they have a customized teaming software for the system?

Please clarify what is the bootloader you mentioned for the PT dual port adapter?

Please be informed it is noted on our website the driver or software for your Intel component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer. We recommend you work with your computer manufacturer before installing our driver so you don't lose features or customization.

Hope the above clarified.

Thanks,

Sharon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi AntonChelsonhkin,

Please feel free to update me.

Thanks,

Sharon T

0 Kudos