Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
5048 Discussions

NUC7I5BNK - intermittantly loses internet connection / local LAN still up though

chenks
Novice

i have a NUC7I5BNK running Windows 10 Pro (all fully up to date build 1909), ethernet connected.

everything runs fine up until at some random point i lose internet connectivity (little globe icon showing LAN but no WAN). the only way to resolve is to reboot the sytem. no errors show during this period, no device manager errors, no warnings or prompts. it just drops.

it's not the ethernet cable, it's not the connection to the router (edgerouter), it's not the WAN connection.

it's not an AV and/or firewall issue (running default windows defender).

the NUC runs 24/7 as a server, so losing the connection is an issue which can't be resolved unless physically at the box.

any ideas/thoughts?

0 Kudos
28 Replies
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi chenks,

Thanks for replying back, please check the driver and let me know the results.

On the other hand, I will report your feedback up to the local management team, I apologize for that and will follow up on it.

Thanks,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
chenks
Novice

driver update appears to have made no difference.

once it fails (and it's done it twice just today), if i disable the NIC in the device manager then re-enable it then i get network comms back.

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi chenks,

Thanks for the update, I dont really have too much to say about it but here are some ideas/questions:

1- Do you have your WIFI and Ethernet connected to the same router? Meaning that both are connected to the same DHCP server (usually the router) and both under the same network? If yes, this may create a little bit of a conflict sometimes, I would recommend that you try your Ethernet only for a while and see what happens.

2- You mentioned that this issue is also being reported by other customers, can you please point me to that? This is the first time I hear about it and I would like to check for any common conditions among the different reports.

3- Technically speaking we are running out of ideas, the other option would be to replace the unit and test again.

Thanks,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
chenks
Novice

1 - WIFI is not enabled - ethernet connection only.

2 - where have i said that in this thread?

3 - this unit is almost 2 years old (bought january 2018), so i'd be surprised if a replacement unit was offered (even if i was inclined to accept that resolution). as it's a production server unless intel offer an up-front exact spec replacement then that's never going to be feasable.

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel

HI chenks,

2- See here your note from 24 days ago (this is just in case you know of any other references to this issue)

Note.png

3- Let me check what replacement options we have available in your region and I will come back to you.

Thanks,.

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi chenks,

I just checked inventory and we have the exact same model available for replacement (slightly higher revision but exactly the same product). I honestly dont know if this is going to resolve this issue but I think that after everything you have done we should proceed with the warranty to rule out a possibly defective product.

Let me know if you agree with this and I will transfer the case to the warranty team in your region.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi chenks,

I am just doing a quick follow up on this issue.

Please let us know if you are okay with replacing this unit under warranty.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hi chenks,

Were you able to check our previous posts? 

Let us know if you need more assistance. 

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos