Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

Network still disconnects when using a switch

ambitionless
Novice
Hi folks, sadly I still have a problem with my PC losing network access when I use a network switch. I am referencing this question here for more information: https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/Network-disconnects-when-using-a-switch/m-p/1280088/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1haWx8dG9waWNfc3Vic2NyaXB0aW9ufEtPSE5HRlpCTDI5MFhQfDEyODAwODh8U1VCU0NSSVBUSU9OU3xoSw#M25087 It is still my X570-F Mainboard with an Intel I211 Ethernet Controller. OS is WIndows 10 20H2, I tried the newest drivers and also tried to reinstall Windows now. Does not matter if I play a game, watch YouTube or whatever, after some days my connection symbol changes to the no connection thingy every few seconds and after some short time I lose connection completely. I then have to reboot my PC, deactivate/activate my network adapter or power cycle the switch. Help would be really appreciated, as I have quite some devices on that switch which I can not use for now. Thanks and regards
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ambitionless
Novice

Hi,

Sorry for the late answer. I guess I fixed the issue by disabling secure boot as nothing else helped. I don't like the solution but for now it has to be enough.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ambitionless,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We are sorry to hear that you are still experiencing the disconnection issue on your Intel I211 Ethernet Controller. Please see and provide the information below for us to proceed checking your query. 

First, we would like to set your expectations that we have a limited support for Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) system. It would be best if you can also get in touch with Asus for further assistance on your request. 

1. Is there any error showing whenever the Intel I211 Ethernet Controller got disconnected?

2. How many systems are affected by the issue?

3. How often does the issue occurs?

4. Please be informed that the software drivers linked from our page are generic versions, and can be used for general purposes. However, Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) might have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel highly recommends that you also check with your OEM and use the software provided via your system manufacturer.

We've tried looking for available LAN driver for your ROG Strix X570-F Gaming and found the latest version 12.18.9.7. With this, can you confirm if you already tried this driver and do you still encounter the same problem?

https://rog.asus.com/my/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x570-f-gaming-model/helpdesk_download

5. Have you tried using a different cable to further isolate the issue? 

6. Have you tried testing the connection using wireless and check if you will still encounter the disconnection issue?

7. Did you test the connection on different switch or another port from the switch. 

8. You mentioned 'I have quite some devices on that switch which I can not use for now'. Can you please elaborate or provide more details on how the disconnection issue on your Intel I211 Ethernet Controller affects the other devices? 

9. Please ensure that Speed & Duplex settings on Advanced tab property of the Ethernet Controller is set to Auto Negotiation. Forcing link can result in a speed-duplex mismatch. This is common when one device is set to forced and its link partner is set as Auto-Negotiate.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ambitionless,

Good day!

We'd like to follow up the additional information requested for us to further investigate your query. In case you need more time gathering the requested information, please let us know so we can adjust our follow up date.

Awaiting to your reply. 

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
ambitionless
Novice

Hi,

Sorry for the late answer. I guess I fixed the issue by disabling secure boot as nothing else helped. I don't like the solution but for now it has to be enough.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ambitionless,

Thank you for the update.

We hope that the issue has been resolved completely after disabling secure boot. Since you already marked this thread as closed, please be informed that we will now proceed closing this request. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

May you have an amazing day!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos