Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4855 Discussions

ProSet 25.2 + Windows 10 version 2004 Teaming support?

ETett
Beginner

Hi Intel Customer Support & fellow users,

Just wondering if anyone can confirm if there are any issues with the title subject combo as per having had previous issues with upgrading & broken teaming ,not functioning until Intel sw team fixes ProSet drivers?

Powershell implementation usually follows so hopefully having waited until a month ago to go to Win10 version 2004 so the bugs & allowed ProSet 25.1.1.0 time to get fixed I'm here due to my mobo manu pushing ProSet 25.2.0.0 hence the subject title question.

Thanks

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Etett,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Page.

We understand that you are worried to update your Intel Proset drivers for the fear of losing your teaming settings, are we correct?

To better assist you, we need to get some logs from your system. It will tell us the different driver version and components installed on your system. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility from this page, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-. After running it, you will be given an option to save the logs to a text file, please do so and attach the file on your reply.

We look forward to hearing from you. If we do not get your reply, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
ETett
Beginner

Hi AlfredoS_Intel,

Thanks for reply it's much appreciated. As requested here is the log file.

Regards

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Etett,

Thank you providing those information.

Please allow us some time to check on this. 

We will get back to you no later than 3 business days from now.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Etett,

Thank you for waiting for our update.

The issue that you are worried about was actually raised as a thread before.

Here is the link for the thread, https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/New-version-of-Windows-10-2004-the-same-problem-of-vlan-and-nic/m-p/689839#M17902. Please check if the issue that are you worried about is the one listed as resolved on that thread. The new driver version (25.1 which is already old at this time) based on the reports of our community members addressed the issue that VLAN and teaming configs get reset or not working after a Windows update.

We look forward to your feedback. Should we not get your reply, we will follow up after three business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
ETett
Beginner

Hi
Thank you for your reply.

It seems that the link you sent me is in fact covering same issues but with an older version of your nic drivers & an older version of Windows so they're not relevant to my thread title.

That link and the other link in that thread also say a new thread needs to be started for ever new version of your nic drivers & version of windows so thats what Ive done with this thread.

Can I then take it that Intel hasn't tried these 25.2 drivers with windows version 2004 to see if Nic teaming it's broken?

Regards

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Etett,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please allow us some time to confirm.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Etett,

After thoroughly checking with our engineers, support for Teams and VLANs was not removed in release 25.2.

Please check section 1.2.3 of the release notes, https://downloadmirror.intel.com/22283/eng/Release_Notes.pdf.

SW release 25.2 supports VLANs and Teams for Windows 10 version 2004.

We look forward to your feedback. Should we not get your reply, we will follow up after three business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ETett
Beginner

Thanks for your reply, its good to now know is still still in 25.2 but that wasn't my question. Have the engineers tested Teaming in windows 10 version 2004? 

I'm hoping they wouldn't leave it in if it didn't work but....

I'm on that version running 25.1.1.0 but my motherboard manu recommends 25.2 so I need to know it's working before upgrading please as it's sometime difficult to downgrade back to the previous Proset via PowerShell.

Regards

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Etett,

Thank you for assessing the answers that we have provided you.

We will check your follow-up question.

Please allow us some time to check on this. We hope for your understanding regarding this

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hi Etett,

Upon further checking, and verifying your last inquiry. Here is the update that we got. The latest SW Release version (25.2) supports windows 10 version 2004. Including support for PROSet and ANS.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Etett,

We are just following up.

It looks like you need more time to assess the answers that we have provided.

We will follow up again after 3 business days. Should we not hear from you, our system may automatically close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Etett, 

We need to close this thread since we have not gotten a response from you of your assessment of the answer of our engineers: maybe because you are busy or preoccupied at the moment. We know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to give you the right solution; as much as we would like to assist you, we need to close it to attend to other customers. We hope for your consideration and understanding on this one.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos