Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4876 Discussions

Question about teaming in Windows 10?

HHawk2
Beginner

Hi people,

(please be gentle, I am new and this is my first post, so sorry if I offende anyone with my silly question).

I have a MSI Big Bang XPower II (x79) motherboard which has dual Intel ethernet ports: Supports dual PCI Express LAN 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet by Intel 82579V and 82574L.

In Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 I always could team these 2 ports, however with Windows 10 (build 240) this seems to be impossible?his

Is it true this is impossible? I tried almost everything already. I have to download the latest Intel drivers, because the default drivers in Windows 10 don't allow teaming. But when I download them and install the drivers, it doesn't work. The teamed connection stays disabled. When I check the team driver it's really, really old...?

Anyone experiencing the same with Windows 10? Or anyone has an idea? Or should I just remain patient until Intel releases a working driver for teaming in Windows 10?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

0 Kudos
6 Replies
st4
New Contributor III

Hi HHawk79,

Thank you for the post. Since Windows 10 is not officially released yet, it is recommended to wait for the official release and use the customized driver from the system vendor (MSI) in your case here. Hope this clarifies.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
HHawk2
Beginner

Obviously I tried those drivers from MSI already, but they didn't work at all. Probably too old.

You're right about Windows 10 not officialy been released, however build 240 is probably being the final version and this is going to be released tomorrow. But I still doubt Intel will have updated drivers available for teaming by tomorrow.

So if I understand you correctly; I can expect official drivers being available tomorrow, since than Windows 10 will be released officialy, right?
0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi HHawk79,

The Windows 10 is the official release of the operating system and we do have driver for Windows 10 at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10-

However, we recommend to use the tested driver from MSI since the driver we have is generic version, it is recommended to use the driver that is customized for your system.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
HHawk2
Beginner

Yeah I saw that driver, but didn't work with teaming, as mentioned before already.

I also mentioned, see my previous post, first line, that the MSI drivers don't work, probably because they are really, really outdated. I couldn't create a team with it.

Anyways, I will try again and force it anyways. If it doesn't work I will blame you for it for forcing me to use older drivers.

0 Kudos
N_3
Beginner

HHawk79, take a look at this thread - - we'll hopefully (finally !) get Windows 10 teaming support in the next few weeks.

0 Kudos
SYeo3
Valued Contributor I

Hi Nomgle,

Yes, as mentioned on the post, our team is testing on the hot fixes. Hope everything goes well.

Sincerely,

Sandy

0 Kudos