Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

Speed Problem with Intel N6235 Chip on VAIO Duo 11

idata
Employee

Here, it is a speed Lan problem flow between my local PC and my VAIO DUO 11 (I7 model / 8GB / 256 SSD) wifi N6235...

When I send a file through wifi (N Mode / 300Mb/s) from my VAIO on a shared directory on another PC, I have a rate between 5 and7 Mb/s, it's correct to the standard wifi N mode... Conversely, when I get a file of that same PC, then I download off at 1.2Mb/s in the best case...with large variations and sometimes down to 100Kb/ s ...completely irregular contraiement to send ...

send file from VAIO to another PC >: 5-7 Mb / s (Lan)

send file from another PC to VAIO > between 100Kb/s and 1.2 Mb/s ...

I'm on 802.11n mode on my VAIO and also my Box (PC wifi tells me a connection rate to 300mb).

I tested with another PC, and there is no concern ... It gives the same good speed he recovers ...

Any idea? Normally, I would have the same speed "as ascending descending" into wifi Lan ... no?

So, in fact, transfer a video or at least a 1 Gig file on the Vaio, take almost an hour ....

Thank you!

PS I should mention that the drivers of the wireless card (Intel N6235) are current in their latest versions ...

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Thank you for your post, the data rate for sending the file is indeed very good the other data rate, (1.2MBps) would be almost consistent with the data transfer speeds of a 56Mbps connection. I know you stated that on the Vaio* you have a 802.11n card, if the other computer has a 802.11a/b/g card then it would explain the speeds. Otherwise you might want to look for other causes for the slow speed, check if there are any automatic downloads going on, try testing with the firewall and anti-virus disabled. Make sure that on both systems you have a good signal (non fluctuating) check in task manager if any process is taking up the CPU.

0 Kudos
SDunb1
Beginner

Try doing the transfer with the VAIO connection limited to wireless G. You can do that by going to Devices -> Device Manager -> Network Devices -> Intel Centrino -> Advanced -> WiFi N Disabled.

If the download speed (from other laptop to VAIO) improves, then you have a similar problem to the one described in .

@Nathalie That doesn't quite explain the descrepancy because going one direction is a full 5 times faster than going the other way (both being over the same WiFi).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

HI everyone ! Thanks about your answers. I'd just "solved" the problem. I've just disconnect the Bluetooth card in the device manager, and, the rate speed is finally good ! Then, I think it's an "conception" problem. The components must be too close and can't work fine if the other isn't shut off...

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Bluetooth usually tries to avoid using the same frequencies as WiFi (and other devices) in order to reduce interference. It is possible that in your specific scenario the 2.4GHz band is probably occupied by other devices.

You may use 5GHz for the WiFi connection if your router supports it; or move away other devices working at 2.4GHz.

0 Kudos
JB26
New Contributor I

Joe,

How do you move the 2.4GHz band away from the 5GHz band on the Intel 6235 card since the card still DOES NOT WORK? Is there a solution to this yet? and WHY has there been NO update?

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Thank you very much for posting.

We continue monitoring for valuable information in order to provide feedback of the issues. Intel® is aware and actively trying to address the remaining issues not solved with the latest driver release.

I regret any inconvenience caused and thank you again for your understanding.

0 Kudos