I have a basic question. We have a 10G NIX card based on X540-AT2. It had two 10G Physical ports. I have created two VFs on each of the PF and assigned them to different VMs. I am able to send traffic between VMs which have PFs from the same PF. However I am unable to send traffic from VM which is connected using VF on say PF0 to other VM which used VF on PF1. Is this the expected behaviour? If I need to send traffic to a VF on one PF to VF on other PF, do I have to go out to a switch and come back?
Good day. Can you please provide more info below for us to double check:
1. What is the operating system running on the hypervisor?
2. What is the operating system running on both the VMs?
3. What is the driver version?
4. How is the test being setup?
5. Please provide step to for the setup for us to further check.