Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4808 Discussions

Why is faulty Intel® Ethernet Controller I225-V still being sold??

FranzJeger
New Contributor I
Why is this proven garbage product still being sold!?? Just got a new Z690 motherboard and like many others are experiencing a myriad of bugs related to this utter garbage product, had ZERO network issues with my previous x570 board but now I have to waste my time troubleshooting slow buggy downloads like a idiot alpha-tester!? I smell major class action law suit incoming when you keep selling faulty products.
1 Solution
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello FranzJeger,

We do apologize for the delay on providing an update as we have escalated this case to our engineers. As per checking the best source of support for your case would be to contact Asus support. We understand that this is an Intel Ethernet controller but it is embedded so we have limited support. We can help with suggestions, but Asus ultimately owns support of this since it is designed onto their motherboard. 

Also as per checking as well, Asus released a new BIOS for this board on November 5th that we found on their site. We would suggest to contact Asus for better assistance and check if it will fix the issue.

TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 BIOS 0503

Improve system stability and performance.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/TUF-Gaming/TUF-GAMING-Z690-PLUS-WIFI-D4/HelpDesk_BIOS/

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
35 Replies
FranzJeger
New Contributor I

After more unnecessary beta testing and investigation on a completely new product, on several different OS Windows 10/11/Ubuntu, driver versions there is no longer any doubt, this product is borked. Download speeds can be fast from some or many different sites like ubuntu.com and be slow from Nvidia.com. This problem ONLY occurs on the garbage I225-v NIC, all other devices connected through the same cable and switch experiences ZERO problems. I managed to get good speeds after a tweaked with settings in the driver on Windows 11 but it seems something is "telling" NIC to "hard nerf" the download speeds after some time as it goes from 70MB/s too 2.2MB/s.

This issue is pissing me off something fierce, since a Intel thinks it can screw over it's customer for a longer period of time after knowingly selling faulty and defective products to their customers. I will start investigating more on gathering enough information to build a class action lawsuit against Intel, this can not stand, it's an injustice that needs to be rectified!

MB: TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4

Btw, ordered another z690 board from Gigabyte with a Realtek NIC, same as on my X570 board, you know, products that ACTUALLY WORKS!!

FranzJeger
New Contributor I

I can see  Intel rep's trying to ignore this issue while answering other threads, can you please answer to this topic.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No one is ignoring you.  You posted on Saturday, today is Sunday.   Worldwide, this is known as a weekend.  The Intel support staff  will be returning tomorrow.  Be patient.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
FranzJeger
New Contributor I

Hmm, and why do I need you too tell me what day of the week it was, do you think I don't understand what day it is? I saw an Intel rep answering one of the other threads at the same time I was writing, which means they are working, they just don't want to respond or interact with difficult questions as well as potential class action law suits for knowingly selling faulty hardware for 1.5 years...

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello FranzJeger,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We do apologize if you are having a bad experience on our Intel® Ethernet Controller I225-V. Please allow us some time to further check your concern with our team. Is it ok if we can make a follow within 2-3 business days? Once we have the information we will notify you immediately. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
FranzJeger
New Contributor I

Hi Zigfreid.

"We do apologize if "you are" having a bad experience on our Intel® Ethernet Controller I225-V."

Ehm, you as well as I know really well that this is a long standing problem, Intel has had problems with this defective product since Z490 chipsets, there are hundreds of articles online, Reddit posts, PSA's etc and this issue is not being taken seriously! I don't know why you would "pretend" that this is a local problem only affecting a couple of users when it's widespread...

0 Kudos
FranzJeger
New Contributor I

Btw, I just bought a cheap PCI nic TP-Link Gigabit PCI Express Adapter and works perfectly from the same computer, on the same cable, on the same switch, on the same router....

Nah, "it's not the terrible I225-V NIC that is the root cause of the problem at all...."

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

So, everything is ok and your problem is solved now?

0 Kudos
FranzJeger
New Contributor I

How on earth has this solved the problem of my still existing broken NIC, what kind of asinine question is that? 

"New network card miraculously solves the still existing broken one" = Logic!

AlHill
Super User

You said all was ok with the PCI nic.   And, it is the perfect question for  smart aleck users like yourself who have no respect for the forum rules.

Since you solved the problem by changing/adding hardware, you can go back to flipping burgers.

0 Kudos
FranzJeger
New Contributor I

Why are you here, to ask people nonsensical questions? Do you work at Intel? if so, the level of competency are frighteningly low, but it would explain the reasoning behind Intel not being able to fix a broken product like the I225-v for 1.5 years with people like you leading the charge...

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

So, you cannot read either, huh? 

0 Kudos
FranzJeger
New Contributor I
Oh God, not the sharpest knife in the shed are you. That was part of the bit, I feel bad for you not being able to get that…

Please leave this thread, I neither want nor need the kind of “help” you are offering.
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

It is ok, franz.  All you have are insults.  You can dish them out, but you cannot take them.  If you were as sharp as you believe yourself to be, you could solve the problem yourself.  Instead, you so quickly lower yourself to come here, with your insults, attitude, and legal wishes. 

Sorry, I cannot waste any time with you.  This is a peer-to-peer forum.  If you want to know what that means, just ask.

0 Kudos
FranzJeger
New Contributor I

You could save yourself from further embarrassment but no, you apparently like being burned.

Like stated in the previous comment: "Please leave this thread, I neither want nor need the kind of “help” you are offering." Jesus Christ man, this is major cringe level sh.. , take the hint and leave...

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

If you want to continue this offline, send me a PM.  PM means "personal message".  I realize I have to help you as much as I can.   Also, you do not get to choose who helps you. 

0 Kudos
FranzJeger
New Contributor I

Dude, I have already wasted enough on your nonsense. I'm not interested in any further communication with you.

@Zigfreid_Intel - Why is there no new update on this thread? Please monitor the behavior of your "SuperUser" @AlHill which seems  to be quite unstable about to fly of the handle.

0 Kudos
ElusiveX99
Beginner
This didn’t age well…
Guess what?
0 Kudos
ElusiveX99
Beginner
And yet here we are again Intel. Fool me once…
0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello FranzJeger,

We do apologize for the delay on providing an update as we have escalated this case to our engineers. As per checking the best source of support for your case would be to contact Asus support. We understand that this is an Intel Ethernet controller but it is embedded so we have limited support. We can help with suggestions, but Asus ultimately owns support of this since it is designed onto their motherboard. 

Also as per checking as well, Asus released a new BIOS for this board on November 5th that we found on their site. We would suggest to contact Asus for better assistance and check if it will fix the issue.

TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 BIOS 0503

Improve system stability and performance.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/TUF-Gaming/TUF-GAMING-Z690-PLUS-WIFI-D4/HelpDesk_BIOS/

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos