Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4929 Discussions

Windows 10 NIC Teaming

arunvt1992
Beginner
Dear Intel,
I'm using Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
I require Intel ANS teaming in my PC which has 2 adaptors.
Adaptor 1 : Intel I219-LM
Adaptor 2 :TP LINK TG3468.
I connected each of the network adaptor to a switch which on SFT mode with Spanning tree protocol enabled on the switches .
The teaming is working on cable failure,network switch failure.
But when I shutdown the computer and then switch it on again , the teaming is not working as one adaptor is going to inactive state after which I remove and create the same team and restart , its working.
Can I know for this multi vendor teaming should I do any settings in the windows as only on shutdown and switching it ON again it is not working and but on restarting the PC the teaming is working.
I installed the proset software 26.2 .
Should I not use this TP link adaptor .
Or can I know which adaptor will support teaming with the I219-Lm .

And can I know from which version of the Windows 10 does Teaming support.
Will 1903 or 1809 work with Teaming.

Should I buy i350-t2 for teaming with i219-lm adapter

MY PC model is HP Elitedesk 800 G5 Tower.
Motherboard : HP 8591
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
36 Replies
arunvt1992
Beginner

Dear Crisselle

Yes exactly as you mentioned that the system came from shutdown state and I unplug the primary adapter of the team, and then through the secondary adapter the communcation was not established to the switch.

Regards,

Arun

+971565343396

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Arun,

Thank you for the confirmation.

Please allow us to re-escalate this request for further investigating. We will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than 2-4 business days.

Thank you for your kind cooperation during the investigation.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Arun,

Thank you for the patience on this matter. 

Please see below update from our higher level support and let us know of the result once done.

Latest package 26.3 with version 12.19.1.37 is already released. Will you be able to try it out first?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Ethernet-Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10

1. Clean uninstallation of version previous 26.2 (12.19.1.32) driver and PROSet then install the latest 26.3 package.

You may refer to link below for Clean Driver Installation Guide for Intel® Ethernet Connections

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058304/network-and-io/ethernet-products.html

2. Test the SFT teaming if the failover on the second adapter will work after cold boot (turning off and on the system)

Additionally, we do not recommend purchasing another adapter such as i350-T2 yet as we are trying to isolate the issue first by updating updating driver again.

Looking forward to hear an update from you.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Arun,

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if you are able to read our previous message and tried out the recommendations. If yes, please let us know and share the results with us. In case you need additional time, please let us know and we will be glad to adjust our follow up date.

Awaiting to hear from you.

Should there be no reply, we will follow up after 3 business days in.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
arunvt1992
Beginner

Dear Crisselle ,

I uninstalled the network drivers for 26.2 and installed 26.3. However i do not have the ethernet switches with me now and it will take 1-2 weeks. 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Arun,

Thank you so much for the update. How is the system after installing the version 26.3?

That's okay if you need more time to obtain the switched, just tell us when can we make another follow up.

Looking forward to hear an update from you.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Arun,

Good day!

We will make another follow up after 2 week since you mentioned on your previous message that it will take 1-2 weeks until you have the switches. 

Feel free to post on this thread as soon as there is any update for us to continue the investigation.

Stay safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Arun,

Good day!

This is just a follow up regarding the status of this request on your end. Are you able to try the recommendations below from our engineers? If yes, please share the result with us. If not yet, kindly advise on when do you expect to perform the below steps.

Latest package 26.3 with version 12.19.1.37 is already released. Will you be able to try it out first?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Ethernet-Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10

1. Clean uninstallation of version previous 26.2 (12.19.1.32) driver and PROSet then install the latest 26.3 package.

You may refer to link below for Clean Driver Installation Guide for Intel® Ethernet Connections

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058304/network-and-io/ethernet-products.html

2. Test the SFT teaming if the failover on the second adapter will work after cold boot (turning off and on the system)

Additionally, we do not recommend purchasing another adapter such as i350-T2 yet as we are trying to isolate the issue first by updating updating driver again.

Feel free to let us know if you have questions and clarifications on this matter. 

Awaiting to hear from you.

Should there be no reply, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Arun,

I hope you're doing good!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel and stay safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
arunvt1992
Beginner

Dear Crisselle_f

Extremely sorry for the delay in reply as i was in offshore. This is to inform that i can test this only in the month of August as only during that time i will be getting access to those switches. Kindly request you to keep this thread monitored as i currently do not have the switches to test and hence i was not able to post here.Sorry for the inconvenience caused

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Arun,

No worries at all. 

Please also accept our apologies for the delay on our reply. 

We will patiently wait for your update once you had access to the switches and able to test the latest driver. Please expect another follow up on August.

May you have an amazing weekend ahead!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Arun,

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if you already had your switches for you to test our recommendation. In case you have questions and clarifications, please do not hesitate to let us know. 

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
arunvt1992
Beginner

Dear Criselle,

I believe i will only have access to the switches in the month of October due to some delays we are facing because of the pandemic. Is it possible to keep this post open until that. Hope you understand my situation. But i have updated my PC to the latest drivers and kept it ready.

Thanking You,

Regards,

Arun

0 Kudos
AldyC_Intel

Hello Arun,

Good day!

Thank you for the update.

While we are waiting for the switch to be available to test the latest driver, would it be alright to temporarily close the thread? But rest assured that once you provided an update, you can reply to the same thread and create a new one so we may be able to update your case and continue assisting you.  Rest assured that all previous discussions were recorded in the case so there will be no loss of information.  No need to repeat the history and discussions as we can easily retrieve for you.

Thank you very much for your kind cooperation and hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Aldy C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AldyC_Intel

Hello Arun,

Good day!

This is just a follow up if you agree to temporary close the case.  Rest assured that all previous discussions were recorded in the case so there will be no loss of information. No need to repeat the history and discussions as we can easily retrieve for you.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Aldy C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AldyC_Intel

Hello Arun,

Since it would take some time for the switch to become available and test the latest driver. We will close the thread. But rest assured that once you have an update, you can create a new one and provide us this thread link and we will be continue assisting you. All previous discussions were recorded in the database so there will be no loss of information. No need to repeat the history and discussions as we can easily retrieve for you.

Thank you very much for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Aldy C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos