Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4855 Discussions

Windows 11 Driver support for Intel Ethernet Server Adapter X520-2

YJLEE
Beginner

Hello. I am using HP server adapter and it's chipset is Intel Ethernet Server Adapter X520-2(on displaying name on device manager).

I cannot found driver on web and I force install driver of windows 10's.

It looks like working but I doubt whether this is safe or not.

I have tried Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack(https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15084/intel-ethernet-adapter-complete-driver-pack.html?wapkw=i219-v) but it also said there is no intel adapter.

Thanks for reading. Best regards.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello YJLEE,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Are you using an onboard/embedded X520-2?
  2. What is the complete model of your HP system?
  3. Did you also check if the HP system already supports Windows 11?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
YJLEE
Beginner

Hello, Michael_L_Intel2.

I'm sorry to give you the wrong information.

My Ethernet card is external(Not onboard) and I use this card on my assembled desktop.

Device name is [X520-SR2 Dual Port SFP+ 10G Ethernet Server Adapter NIC Card E10G42BFSR X520-DA2]

I bought it from Amazon.

> What is the complete model of your HP system?

My PC is assembld PC.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello YJLEE,

That's okay and thank you for the clarification. Let me gather other details regarding the issue.

1. Can you provide photos of the card on both sides for us to validate if the card is a retail card or an OEM.
  2. Aside from the no driver available, are you having other issues with the network card?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello YJLEE,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am sending a follow up on the photos of the card for us to validate the unit and for us to proceed with this thread.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello YJLEE,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending another follow up on the information that I requested. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos