Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4907 Discussions

X550-T2 Slow under Windows 11

rivers2
Novice

I have three Intel Branded X550-T2 cards purchased new at retail (pictures attached).  I can only get them to run at 2 Gbits/sec per iperf3 in Windows 11 Pro 23H2 64-bit.  I have upgraded the drivers to 4.1.252.0 and NVM to 3.6.  Cards installed in PowerSpec B741 desktop computers:  ASUS Prime Z370-P motherboard; Intel Core i7-8700K processor.  Cat 7 cables (same results with Cat 8 patch cable running between two computers).  Tried suggestions at following link with no improvement.  How can I fix this?Intel 0294 - Copy.JPGIntel 0296 - Copy.JPG

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058667/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
rivers2
Novice

Solved!!

Set Jumbo Packet to 9014 bytes

Set Receive buffers to 4096

Set Transmit buffers to 16384

Per this link

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Srri
Employee

Hello Michael,

Have you checked with the OEM/Manufacturer ASUS Support about to have this network adapter because usually the motherboard need to do some special configuration from the OEM.

If you have any further questions or queries, please kindly let us know.

Best Regards,

Srri 

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
rivers2
Novice

Hello Srri,

Thanks for the suggestion, but no help from OEM.

Michael

0 Kudos
rivers2
Novice

Hello again Srri,

As a further test I ran Linux from a flash drive on two of the computers.  Running iperf3 produced 6.5/7.4 Gbits/sec running between the two computers (it didn't matter which was running as the server).  The Windows computer, running as the client, could connect to either Linux computer at similar speeds.  However, if the Windows computer was running as the server, the Linux computers, running as client, could only produce about 2.2 Gbits/sec.  The same as my Windows to Windows tests.

From this I conclude that there is no problem with the hardware (motherboard, NIC, cabling, etc.) since Linux can achieve reasonable speeds.  The problem would seem to be either Windows 11, or the Intel driver for Windows 11.  Any help you could provide along those lines would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
rivers2
Novice

Solved!!

Set Jumbo Packet to 9014 bytes

Set Receive buffers to 4096

Set Transmit buffers to 16384

Per this link

0 Kudos
Srri
Employee

Hello Michael,

Would like to suggest to do this Reset the network stack using Command Prompt 2 - 3 times repeatedly by following these steps:

1. Open Start.

2. Search for Command Prompt, right-click the top result, and select the Run as administrator option.

3. Type the following command to reset the component that handles network requests and press Enter:

netsh winsock reset

4. Type the following command to reset the internet protocol stack and press Enter:

netsh int ip reset

5. Type the following command to clear the current networking configuration and press Enter:

ipconfig /release

6. Type the following command to reconfigure the network settings and press Enter:

ipconfig /renew

7. Type the following command to clear the DNS information cached and press Enter:

ipconfig /flushdns

Restart your computer.

Once you complete the steps, launch the web browser and confirm the internet is working.

8. If the steps above still doesn't work, reset all the network adapters, use these steps:

Open Settings.

Click on Network & Internet.

Click on Status.

Under the "Advanced network settings" section, click the Network reset option.

Click the Reset now button.

Click the Yes button.

After you complete the steps, the computer will restart automatically, and on reboot, you should now be able to connect to the internet.

If you have any further questions or queries, please kindly let us know.

Best Regards,

Srri

0 Kudos
Srri
Employee

Hello Michael,

Regarding your case, we are following up to find out if you were able to complete the actions we previously recommended.

Please reply to this thread to confirm, so we can continue helping with a resolution. Looking forward to receiving your reply!

Best Regards,

Srri 

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
rivers2
Novice

Hello Srri,

All of my problems were solved when I changed the settings outlined in my 02-02-2024 post (which I also marked as Accepted Solution).

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
Srri
Employee

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the quick response, we will proceed to close the case. 

If you have any more questions in the future, please don't hesitate to post a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Srri

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos