Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

intel ethernet connection i219-v Slow internet

PKons1
Beginner

I built a new rig with the MSI z370 Gaming plus i installed everything, drivers etc but now i have a problem i have very slow internet with ethernet with my old computer i didnt had any problems

i have the intel ethernet connection i219-v i installed many times the drivers new but i cant get higher than 1mb/s can anyone help me pls!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Phileass,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. Can you share additional information below:

1) Are you using the MSI* driver for the I219-V? What is the driver version?

2) What is the operating system?

3) Have you tried changing the cable to test?

4) You may check on the I219-V advance property, go to the device manager->Network adapter->click on the I219-V, do a right click->property

Please check in the advance tab or if there is any setting like auto-negotiation or force speed speed. Make sure the switch where you connect has the same configuration. e.g if you forced the I219-V to gigabit speed, the switch must be in gigabit speed mode

Have you also tried contacting MSI* support also? It is best still to contact MSI* support as the I219-V is part of their system, you may refer to this link for reference about the support option for Intel Ethernet Controller https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006628/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html?wapkw=oem+network

Thanks,

Sharon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Phileass,

Please feel free to provide the requested information. Thank you.

Regards,

Sharon

0 Kudos