Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

intel ice drivers 1.9.11 does not support aarch64

chenlei0x
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to compile ice driver for arm64, kernel version 4.18-el8. I got some compile errors:

/root/ice/ice-1.9.11/src/ice_ptp.c: In function ‘ice_ptp_get_syncdevicetime’:
/root/ice/ice-1.9.11/src/ice_ptp.c:2741:14: error: implicit declaration of function ‘convert_art_ns_to_tsc’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
    *system = convert_art_ns_to_tsc(hh_ts);
              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/root/ice/ice-1.9.11/src/ice_ptp.c:2741:12: error: incompatible types when assigning to type ‘struct system_counterval_t’ from type ‘int’
    *system = convert_art_ns_to_tsc(hh_ts);
            ^
/root/ice/ice-1.9.11/src/ice_ptp.c: In function ‘ice_ptp_set_funcs_generic’:
/root/ice/ice-1.9.11/src/ice_ptp.c:3050:6: error: implicit declaration of function ‘boot_cpu_has’; did you mean ‘get_cpu_mask’? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  if (boot_cpu_has(X86_FEATURE_ART) &&
      ^~~~~~~~~~~~
      get_cpu_mask
/root/ice/ice-1.9.11/src/ice_ptp.c:3050:19: error: ‘X86_FEATURE_ART’ undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean ‘X86_FEATURE_ANY’?
  if (boot_cpu_has(X86_FEATURE_ART) &&
                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                   X86_FEATURE_ANY
/root/ice/ice-1.9.11/src/ice_ptp.c:3050:19: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
/root/ice/ice-1.9.11/src/ice_ptp.c:3051:19: error: ‘X86_FEATURE_TSC_KNOWN_FREQ’ undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean ‘X86_FEATURE_ART’?
      boot_cpu_has(X86_FEATURE_TSC_KNOWN_FREQ))
                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                   X86_FEATURE_ART
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors

I tried each version, and I found that compile errors happen on each version since 1.4.11, and everythings works fine with version 1.3.2 .

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello chenlei0x, 

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please share the exact model of your Ethernet controller, brand and model of your motherboard and link where you downloaded the driver for us to check your query. 

Awaiting to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello chenlei0x, 

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if you receive our initial reply. If yes, please confirm and provide the information we request for us to proceed checking your query. 

Looking forward to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello chenlei0x, 

I hope this message finds you well!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos