Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4867 Discussions

intel nic drivers 19.3 huge 6000+ dpc latency spike once a few secs

ATay3
Novice

hi, i would like to report that the new intel nic drivers version 19.3 that just released recently has huge 6000+ dpc latency spike once in a few secs.

my specs

Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection

windows 7 SP1 32bit + lastest windows update

i downgrade to intel nic drivers previous version 19.1 and the problem is just gone.

285 Replies
CX
Beginner

Yeah i didn't know about this, thx.

0 Kudos
mme1
Beginner

Latest intel lan driver is now at version 20.7:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10 Download Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10

Sorry to say this, but nothing has changed.

I was previously on a gigabyte z87 and couldn't get rid of this on windows 10 64bit. No problems at all on 7 64bit and 8.1 64 bit.

That motherboard came fitted with a i217v. So I said to myself, what if the motherboard is the issue? So I went to a local shop a month ago and bought a dirt cheap asrock z97 board(with a i218v), also with a different realtek audio codec this time. Gues what? I get the almost the same dpc readings on this board. While average dpc is a little lower on this cheap asrock z97, max dpc is ridiculously high and the sound goes berserk. I get the same insanely high dpc reports experienced by others posting here.

intel, if microsoft did some drastic change to the core of win 10 compared with 7 and 8.1, you should contact them and try to fix this with them if you care about your users at all.

0 Kudos
PLee27
Novice

So.... are here anyone going to contact Microsoft about this audio problem in Windows 10?

0 Kudos
vioni
Beginner

I already did. they don't care and tried to blame it on me. all they care about now is to infect the world with their spyware skynet dubbed windows 10.

0 Kudos
PLee27
Novice

So can I just say that Windows 10 is still not audio-friendly?

0 Kudos
vioni
Beginner

I've lost interest in it. Windows 10 is spyware.

only thing good in it is DX12...but that's only theoretical so far.

Went back to windows 8.1 and didn't have a stutter since.

0 Kudos
tstob
Novice

Using 20.7 Windows 7 - last 3 or 4 versions fixed my latency issues. Asus board, adapter says 82579V

0 Kudos
MMT
Beginner

Don't let yourselves be fooled by Intel. They are known to shove shit under the carpet.

How hard could it really be to check their own changelogs to see what changed between 19.1 and 19.3 ?

Not hard at all. Don't waste your times, and stay away from 19.3+ up. Unless you require some functionality i dont see a problem.

Still a sloppy job of Intel.

0 Kudos
tstob
Novice

19.1 works in win10?

0 Kudos
CX
Beginner

Just to update - the issue hasn't been fixed. Recently i've installed latest network adapter drivers (20.7.1) and while i was downloading a huge file (about 19gb) i had constant huge latency with ndis.sys driver. Latency spikes only occurred while i was downloading. I've contacted Asus support again (fourth time) and again they confirmed that this is an Intel drivers issues specifically related to Windows 10 and I219V (and apparently other) network adapters. Told me to wait for a fix which might or might not come from Intel or buy a cheap network card and use it instead.

Right now i've rolled back to 20.2 and still experience high latency while downloading files or after about 10 or so hours of active internet connection but its definitely better than on 20.7.1 which was horrible.

It's funny that not a single intel drivers description page even mentions I219V network adapter as if it doesn't exist and yet i can install any driver up from 20.1

Also no - 19.1 didn't work for me in windows 10. Right now installing older drivers appears to be an only solution offered on forums and youtube but it only works for older adapters and OS.

0 Kudos
APetr17
Beginner

Win7 x64, ASUS Rampage IV Extreme (X79), 82579V. Got the spikes.

I installed the old version of the drivers (19.1.51.0) and the problem is solved. Later I will try to install PCI-e 1x Realtek NIC. It's much better for a normal user than Intel. And it's not the first time when I have a problems with Intel NIC (prev. was with PCI-e x1 card, the problem was in unjustifiably high CPU load). I extensively using gigabit network at full speed and really don't see any advantage of Intel. Maybe if we need VLAN, but it's not my case.

0 Kudos
CX
Beginner

How do you even install realtek drivers for intel's hardware? Just pick one at random and see which one works?

0 Kudos
APetr17
Beginner

PCI-e 1x Realtek NIC, it's a network card, cause I have a normal PC, not a slaptop

But to be honest, I have not seen any problems even with that spikes. Maybe because I have a powerful CPU or else. During file transfer (at speeds 100+ mbytes/s), gaming, video playback, I did not notice anything suspicious. That's why Intel will not change anything. The majority of users satisfied because they did not notice anything.

0 Kudos
PLee27
Novice

82579V here as well. no more spikes from driver 20.4.1 in Windows 8.1

0 Kudos
BH3
Beginner

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero with Intel ethernet. V20.2.4001.0 for Windows 10 64bit driver. Seeing those exact same spikes. Have been trying to trouble shoot this problem for months. Replaced onboard audio with a card, problem persisted. Saw that this could be a heat issue, so I redesigned my rig for better airflow. Problem persisted. Contacted ASUS about it and they just sent me here. I'm not going to rollback to Windows 7 just because Intel still doesn't have a working ethernet driver. Going to try the latest driver on this site, rather than ASUS' site. If that doesn't work, I'll get a network card and disable the onboard one. This is absurd. This has been a problem for almost two years without a solution? I'll remember this when I buy new hardware going forward.

0 Kudos
CX
Beginner

Latest driver is even worse. I've got the same motherboard.

You could try what i did couple of days ago - go into drivers settings, select update drivers, install manually, select from existing drivers, select ethernet adapter, then select intel from the list, then search for I218V driver and install it instead.

Not sure if it makes any difference yet though. Could also try I217V just to see if it works.

0 Kudos
BH3
Beginner

Thanks Cel. I'll give that a try as well.

0 Kudos
CX
Beginner

I am still testing this myself so ill write if i get more latency issues. I've also been trying to install windows 7/8 driver (19.3) manually but the network adapter didn't work. It's just not compatible and it actually says this when you are trying to install that driver.

0 Kudos
BH3
Beginner

The latest driver seems to be working for me. I'll keep an eye on it going forward, but I think it solved the latency issue.

0 Kudos
MBlac2
Novice

Not for me...what model u have?

0 Kudos
MBlac2
Novice

I have the same board. Please let me know if you solve it by any means and I'll do the same =)

0 Kudos